• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SL9.1 and Mutoh VJ print problems

rcook99

The probelm I am presented with is whenever I print from SL 9.1 I am getting this what looks to be banding. But when I print the same file from Corel through Flexi it prints perfectly. I have tried setting the heat platens to the exact temps as Flexi and still the same problem. I have done a head check and its 100%. I did run another print with the hood open and noticed that its not the print head causing my problems. On the front left of the printer carriage there is the electric eye for checking the with of the paper. It seems when that passes over the print it is dragging causing the lines but when I print from Flexi it prints fine. I am thinking its the heat but not sure. Keep in mind I have only had the printer for 3 months so still in the learning stages. The problem is obviously the SL settings but I have had no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
RC

Attachments

• 2012-09-24_12-00-40_615.jpg
    2012-09-24_12-00-40_615.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 178

rcook99

Has anyone ever saw this or had this problem. It is like something is dragging. When I printed small decals the size of a quarter I had no problems but anything larger I end up with the lines you see in the picture.

I did run the machine with the lid open and noticed the decal is fine until the last part of the print carriage passes over it. The part that appears to be making the marks is what looms to be the piece on the front left corner of the carriage. I believe its where the media size is read by an infared light.

Thanks
RC