• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slow Omega

Not if this is a software or pc issue. But when I have many objects in Composer then depress f8 to check the color assignment it takes for ever to go from wireframe to color... Is this the nature of the beast? Is there a setting I can change ? Am I just dumb? Thanks in advance!

threeputt

Would not be a function of the software. The software can only handle tasks as quickly as the processor will allow.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not if this is a software or pc issue. But when I have many objects in Composer then depress f8 to check the color assignment it takes for ever to go from wireframe to color... Is this the nature of the beast?

Pretty much with very complex files. Sometimes a reboot helps free up some resources.

Is there a setting I can change ?

Only at the sacrifice of color quality in the display.

Am I just dumb?

Perhaps.
:ROFLMAO:

Thanks in advance!

You're welcome.

For instance, take 2x2" black decal with 20 words in it...10 words blue..10 words white (clear)... Hit repeats merge... End up with 150 decals... Press F8 to show fills... It litterally takes 15-20 seconds to show on the screen... So you never want to be happy with the F8 unless ya got all day..

petepaz

we get that also but there is a ton of files on the hard drive
and it is an old computer
really it is only when we do labels with ser. no.s and i have like 50 or 100+ items in the screen at once

Dana Goodale

Hide the layer tree (view menu>show layer manager OFF)

Get a faster display card?

If doing truetype fonts (small text), turn off truetype anti-aliasing in control panel. This is done automatically in OMEGA 4.0.

If using gradients, you can go into tools>options>view tab and reduce the fill stripes. This will redraw faster but show more stripes on screen. This will NOT affect EDGE output.

Got tired of my old pc and it's slow processor. So I broke down and bought a good unit to hopefully end my computing troubles for a while. I bought an HP i7 870 Quad core 2.93ghz, 64bit windows 7, 9gigs of Ram, 1.5tb tower.. I enjoy video editing and wanted a machine to handle the HD videos.

So here the million dollar question (my biggest mistake is I buy now and ask later).. Will my Omega 4.0 with the Usd adapter for my Edge2 be fine? My 4yr old Core duo machine had a heck of a time processing some designs in Omega and I got tired of waiting ...

My VE LXI 8 should be fine ( signwarehouse) or I may have to call them if it doesn't..

Any tips I should know? Copy and paste all my Program files and drop them in the new machine? Thanks in advance!
Ps. I'm posting this in other forums so hopefully this can go without a hitch..

Malkin

I can't see any reason why you would have any trouble with it. Should function a fair bit faster than it did before...