• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slowly Disappearing...

Locals Find!

Why don't you introduce Addie to your guitar buddies. That'll straighten out those string pluckers right quickly.

Yes Introduce me. I love Ovations as I have owned both a Deep bowl and a shallow bowl when I was learning to play. They were sold years ago but, that deep bowl sure had a sweet sound to it. I miss it.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Yes Introduce me. I love Ovations as I have owned both a Deep bowl and a shallow bowl when I was learning to play. They were sold years ago but, that deep bowl sure had a sweet sound to it. I miss it.

I think Ovation's never would have taken the dive into obscurity they've suffered the last 20 years or so if they had never come up with the shallow bowl concept. They are acoustic guitars, and even with onboard electronics, the players are gonna want to play them unplugged quite a lot. The shallow bowl just doesn't produce adequate volume to make it worthwhile and that's about the time people began bashing them openly. With the sound my guitar already possesses (Balladeers don't have electronics), I think in another 10 years it's gonna have a sound that will make it worth a small fortune. And Balladeers have the original deep bowl made of hand laid fiberglas composites. Being serial number 3 of less than 50 made for worldwide consumption doesn't hurt either. All it would take is for a mainstream artist to take a liking to them and give them exposure like they got in the 80's and they would become highly sought after again. Of course, since 2007. they have been made in Asia, so it's that American made ones that would skyrocket in value. Fortunately, my 40th anniv model was made in '06 out of the Mother Ship in Hartford, CT. They produced them totally to the original specs of the guitars that first put Ovation solidly on the map. Imagine... I own a guitar that contains components of my favorite flying machines - helicopters - and has a sound that's out of this world. I'm a happy camper indeed.

Colin

I'm deeply offended by some of these comments about shallow bowls, please take it to the "NHB Musical Instruments" section.

:Big Laugh