• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small Text and Summa Cutter

Andy D

How do you remove the cut line from the center of the letters? Please help!

You don't have to remove the cut line from the centers, it just makes it easier to weed.
You just need to make sure the line doesn't go across the letters.
In Corel; you put the text in a box, pull a line across it, select the copy and then the line & then trim... un-combine and delete the lines you don't need,
like in the center of the letters.

2ny

Hi.
I have experienced jagged cut on our SUmma T140 with tangential knife, caused by residue on the little wheels on the knife head.

When I want to cut really small letters like 5-8mm I have had success with the following operation for easier weeding;
I resize the text 1000% up, I apply a rounding of the inner corners by 1mm, and then resizes them down again to correct size. This makes the tangential knife move a little smoother around the corners of the letters, and it will not show in the letters like rounded corners when it is so little.
Also I have experienced that it is best to set overcut to 0,0 (I believe maybe default is 0,1)

Best regards
Tony K.