• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Smaller Printer for Decals....

rcook99

Royster
It stuns me that people think they can do runs of decals cheaper doing it themselves versus outsourcing....The only time DIY has the edge is quick turnaround time....

First off let me start with the 500 decals can be done cheaper in house especially when they are only the size of a quarter. Print, Lam and cut. No weeding just cut into 25 count sheets. (Done with Keencut Sabre) It takes longer to die cut then to print them total time less than an 30 minutes. I would do these all day. Plus the turn around as you stated was short so no time to even think about sending them out. Yes larger quantites depending on how busy I am could be outsourced.

rcook99

I would advise against that machine. I'm not sure how anyone can make much money with that. It is so slow you are incredibly limited on what you can do with it.

I agree, a lot of the older printers have extremely slow print speeds. You are also limited to 2ft banners due to the size. I would not suggest going any smaller than 48". Just my .02

particleman

It isn't cheap for what it is by any means. For a bit more you can get something like the Mimaki CJV30 and have some excess capacity.

Jackpine

Can the 7800 able to print on vinyl, and then use the cutter to contour cut around the decals?
If so...what inks should I look into?
What Vinyl decal material should I look into?
What laminate should I look into?

I answered all in post 4.
If you are looking for a 24" cutter with ARM capabilities "GOOGLE". Many merchants here sell what you say you are looking for.
Sublimation ink on vinyl? NO.
You CAN print on vinyl with your Epson. But know the limitation the material has. Pigment ink will last the longest depending where you live and the UV in your area.
You need to do your homework and contact vendors. I am finished.