Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smart Designs

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Joseph Dunkle, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Joseph Dunkle

Joseph Dunkle Active Member

May 21, 2005
    Don't know how I came across this plugin but I spoke with the rep and took an online tour of it and it seems pretty cool.

Anybody using this?
    http://www.smartdesigns.com/

Tags:
  2. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    I like RivalArt better

3. Joseph Dunkle

Joseph Dunkle Active Member

May 21, 2005
    Not so much the clipart but the simplicity that it makes corel

4. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Amature software?..
    Sorry. But it will never run as good as plain ol' corel and cocut pro..
    In fact, if you call to ask them about purchasing cocut from them they will surcharge you $100 extra bucks. And, really push hard to buy their package..

They are also really misleading in their statements that you cannot cut direct from Corel. OP himself pioneered this cutting direct from corel years ago.

Some of their other statements such as

are just plain wrong. Most of us already know there are many other lower priced stand alone systems around for cutting vinyl.
    And then their smart cut package at $1299 is hardly lower priced. Plain old flexi vinyl cutting package is lower priced than that..

In the end this package does not operate as well as Corel and cocut pro in any case. It is just another package trying to run with the pack.