• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SMTP server will not send

TXFB.INS

One of the emails I use is a G-mail account and it is ran through Outlook Professional 2010.

Yesterday late afternoon we started getting the pop up window requiring that the username and the password be entered. Regardless of the number of times the information is entered the login screen will not go away.

The account receives emails fine and If you delete or move an email in Outlook it will also work and show the change on the G-mail web interface. It's just when you hit send that the SMTP log in window comes up and will not go away or send the message

All of the settings in outlook is correct, have tried Port 587 TLA, 468 SSL and 25 SSL
changed the Gmail account password to make sure something funky didn't happen.

Also changes the setting "Allow less secure apps: ON" in case that was it.

The puzzle is the other gmail account running through the same outlook can send just fine.even with the "Allow less secure apps: OFF" turned off

I ran the "Telnet Client"
test and after entering the "telnet smtp.gmail.com 465" into the command window the black screen emptied all information and when blank.

I ran the security software on the PC and came clean.

Is there a security program that can scan/fix any issues on the network/router/hub in case the issue lies there?

Has anyone seen this issue before?

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
We get that on occasion with our email server and the best we've been able to determine is that its not a problem on our end, but at the email server. It tends to resolve itself typically after a couple of hours at most. We'll get outlook errors and iphone mail errors with the same message you had. I haven't seen it with a google account though (We have both). Good luck with it.

ez1

One of the emails I use is a G-mail account and it is ran through Outlook Professional 2010.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

I hate this answer, but it usually fixes this, its something to do w/ MS outlook.

Reboot your computer, update me if that doesn't fix it, and list any error codes, we can troubleshoot it from there.

Jeremy

TXFB.INS

yeah that is what we were thinking / hoping as that has been the case in the past, however it is still doing the same thing today

TXFB.INS

I hate this answer, but it usually fixes this, its something to do w/ MS outlook.

Reboot your computer, update me if that doesn't fix it, and list any error codes, we can troubleshoot it from there.

Jeremy

that is just it, there is no error code.

when you hit the SEND button in a new E-mail or press the SEND/RECEIVE refresh button you get the SMTP Authentication pop-up window and will not go away regardless of the number of times you press OK, CANCEL, or the X
attachment.php

so far all computers have been power cycled, router power cycled and did a reset on, modem power cycled. HUB power cycled.

you can send E-mails fine through the Web interface and via Smartphones

Attachments

• SMTP Auth Window.jpg
    SMTP Auth Window.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 396

TXFB.INS

yes, have both tried the full E-mail address and the user ID

out of desperation, searched Goggle for a support company and called http://www.emailsuport.com/gmail-support.html
They claimed that they have seen a massive flux of this issue over teh last couple of days and that it is due to the modem / router being hacked in office and that the only way to fix it was pay $299.99 and their service tech (who is Cisco certified) would remote access and fix the hack and place a firewall on the network for protection.

to which we asked why one one E-mail address was being affected, they could not answer and we are still looking for a solution.

ez1

yes, have both tried the full E-mail address and the user ID

out of desperation, searched Goggle for a support company and called http://www.emailsuport.com/gmail-support.html
They claimed that they have seen a massive flux of this issue over teh last couple of days and that it is due to the modem / router being hacked in office and that the only way to fix it was pay $299.99 and their service tech (who is Cisco certified) would remote access and fix the hack and place a firewall on the network for protection.

to which we asked why one one E-mail address was being affected, they could not answer and we are still looking for a solution.

going to hurry up and post this... so you see it quick, DONT DO IT, that makes absolutely no sense and is most likely a scam

ez1

give me more details.... os, ms version, and post a screen shot of your settings, lets see if we can figure this out, i can also remote in, but you dont know me, so why would you trust me.

TXFB.INS

going to hurry up and post this... so you see it quick, DONT DO IT, that makes absolutely no sense and is most likely a scam

already ahead of you there, did not use them
They hung up when I started pressing for details / information.

TXFB.INS

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

On the port I have tried SSL 465, TLS 587 and SSL 25

Attachments

• SMTP Settings Port.jpg
    SMTP Settings Port.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 355
  • SMTP Settings Server.jpg
    SMTP Settings Server.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 452
  • SMTP Settings.jpg
    SMTP Settings.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:

ez1

already ahead of you there, did not use them
They hung up when I started pressing for details / information.

this is slow, but if you hang in there, im confident that we will figure out whats going on.

While im waiting on more info, if you have spare time, ping smtp.gmail.com from the computer with issue, and post the ip it comes back with, or do a search to see if its googles server.

You can also recreate the outlook profile file, backup your email stuff just to be sure you dont lose anything, sometimes the data file can become corrupt.

also, wouldnt hurt to login to gmail from the browser and see if they have issues with your password not being strong enough, it happens sometimes, they update security settings and dont bother to warn you.

klmiller611

Exactly what I'd say. Scam, don't let anyone into your system that you do not know.

I have this error a lot at home, cable internet, and get the same thing through Apple mail. I was told it is on the server end, nothing to do with my side of the equation.

That said, it still is irritating. And happens all the time.

Ken Miller

ez1

Your settings are correct, for the record, 587 or 465 are the correct port, i use 587. 25 is the old unencrypted port which gmail doesnt use at all.

what did you get when you pinged smtp.gmail.com ?

Did gmail have any special msgs for you when you logged into the website ?

TXFB.INS

attachment.php

when I tried to do the repair or create a new profile the inbound IMAP will always connect but the SMTP will not connect and will ask for the log in credentials repetitively

still the strange point is there is another Gmail account and that one can send E-mails from Outlook.

There are 3 desktops (hardwired) and 1 laptop (wireless) all of them are unable to send E-mails from the affected account

all of the PCs are running Windows professional 7 64bit OS

Attachments

• SMTP Ping.jpg
    SMTP Ping.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 366

TXFB.INS

attachment.php

can log into the web version of Gmail fine, can also send via android off a Note 4 it is only through Outlook that the issue comes up
and then it is only one Gmail account that is effected.

Attachments

• SMTP Outlook version.png
    SMTP Outlook version.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 469

ez1

attachment.php

when I tried to do the repair or create a new profile the inbound IMAP will always connect but the SMTP will not connect and will ask for the log in credentials repetitively

still the strange point is there is another Gmail account and that one can send E-mails from Outlook.

There are 3 desktops (hardwired) and 1 laptop (wireless) all of them are unable to send E-mails from the affected account

all of the PCs are running Windows professional 7 64bit OS

The puzzle is the other gmail account running through the same outlook can send just fine.even with the "Allow less secure apps: OFF" turned off

soo.... you have 2 email accounts on that pc, inside the same outlook, one sends fine, the other doesnt ?

and What version of Microsoft Office Outlook is it ? Ms Office 2003 ? 2007 ? 20010 etc etc

-- edit -- i just seen your posted version of MS thanks

ez1

How many emails do you have in your outbox, and what account are they trying to send from ? double click on them and try to send from the other account, or delete them from the outbox.

once you have nothing in the outbox, try sending a test email, see what that does.

TXFB.INS

done,

the emails in outlook once opened and changed the from field to the working account, hit send and they went fine.

outbox is empty and the issue is still there.