• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So I'm a Traitor

Dice

So after 25 years of PC use, got our First iMac today for customers to use.

Very Beautiful machine. Took me 2 minutes to figure out how to turn on the machine though. Not sure on the "Magic" Mouse.

GypsyGraphics

Very Beautiful machine. Took me 2 minutes to figure out how to turn on the machine though. Not sure on the "Magic" Mouse.

I knew i liked you!

Just got the magic mouse myself... slick and sexy... oh so MAC like!

Tim Aucoin

Magic mouse virgins!!! :ROFLMAO:
Absolutely a great mouse. What will drive you nuts at first is how sensitive the surface is :rolleyes::doh: THE SURFACE OF THE MOUSE!!! At first, I found myself unwillingly scrolling up and down and moving left and right because I'm not use to lifting my hand COMPLETELY off of the mouse when I'm not actually using it. Really, it's something easy to get used to and this is the best mouse you'll ever use... promise!!! :wink:

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE DICE!!!

imagep

Years ago we purchased two iMacs, one was setup as a customer self service design station (along with a couple of PC's), the other we kept behind the counter to open mac documents to output.

We eventually decided that the "do it yourself" computer stations were a bad idea - we would sometimes spend hours "helping" customers to do design work for free - that would have otherwise only taken us 10 minutes and we would have made $10 by doing it ourself.

When we moved to our new building we situated both of our macs in our storage loft (hooked up on our network) just in case we ever needed to print something out from them. I think we have maybe needed to use a mac a half dozen times in the past five years. I dont think that either of them have been turned on in at least two years.

It used to be that we would get a lot of mac documents, in a very wide variety of formats (Quark, Pagewrecker, Freehand, Indesign, etc.). These days, seems that all we get are crappy jpgs that we cant use.

Last week a college student called and said that he had to interview a printer for a college class (he was a graphic arts student). He was shocked to learn that we don't use ANY of the programs that was taught at the college. He told us that he was taught that InDesign for macs was the industry standard. I haven't had a InDesign file given to us in years, and I don't know of a single local competitor who uses or accepts InDesign files. These days, if it isn't a crappy jpg, it seems that it is a Photoshop or Illi file that customers give us, with the occasionally artwork done in non-art programs such as Excel.

Techman

He told us that he was taught that InDesign for macs was the industry standard.

That's because the "bible" err,,, books used to teach those classes says so,, Those same books which by the way are subsidized by some unknown donor.