• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So let the hatin begin

cptcorn

adad
Awesome!... At least there is one guy out there willing to put his balls on the line for the types of customers I have zero interest in dealing with

So what I'm actually saying is... Thank You!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Although I’ve seen things I liked more…. there are things about this I like.

There are some design flaws, but there are some clever ideas being used here. He said he got most of his ideas and critiques from others on this site, so don’t be beating yourselves up too much by putting him down because we’ve all been lousy teachers. Afterall, he’s only mimicking what he’s seen and learned so far… and this is better than many others that have been posted over the years.

The rear window is great. The bed top is very good. The puzzle effect is perfect.

The random usage of fonts needs work and some color use with fonts need even more attention, but he has it going for him and his wrapping ability is far and way above most others on this site past & present.

The only thing I don’t like is his laundry list on the window. However, that’s easily corrected. His usage of the color wheel and complimenting colors throughout the entire theme background is just about right on the money.

No, I feel he has done rather well for himself and would encourage him to look into making a few changes later on….. but for now…. Bravo !!

Dan Antonelli

What is the company name - Smoking Hot Wraps?
No web site?
Small phone.

The word 'signs' is mysteriously floating on the fender --

Very eclectic collection of fonts used - from the looks of it - I think you used 6 different fonts?

One helluva of an install. Conceptually, just an odd collection of fills, fonts and effects.

If it gets you work though, great. I think a better design would get you more work, however.

threeputt

I'd like to go more technical for a moment.

Tell us which vinyl and which lam you used, please. (I'm not happy with my current combination and have been thinking about switching).

racershawn

Ok Ok guys ... Just some random thoughts .... been making signs for 17 years....and acualy the racecar story 18 years ago was close to true.... I, like Dan, beleave it or not, charge much more for my work then most in my area and oddly beleave I get more then my share of work due to that. Gino: thanks... I am already changing out the window, I had the same thought the second i put it on. also the text on the tailgate, I was not happy with but I am happy with the message. I wanted to put some hot Babe on the side insted of myself but then there was all the isues that would cause with the wife .. so there i am... Dan as I respect you and all you have done and I listen to what you say...but I find it....well ... very elitist sounding (did i spell that right ... I mean corectly?) LOL .... The idea was for the stuff in the rust to look .. floating and almost lost as it would be... rusted and old needing replacement.... the co name was unimportant as was the web address as I dont have a web site... I only get work from word of mouth and referrals... I only cared about ppl seeing this up close(opposite as I think you recomend) and that was one of the reasons for the almost flawless install... but if you have some ideas on the tailgate fonts I am willing to listen ...... hope this was all writen with proper gramer and spelled corectly

Techman

the only thing I think is.. I would be looking for "smokin Hot Wraps" in some type of contact media such as Google , phone book or whatever. If I didn't find it then it would be over.

Dan Antonelli

Ok Ok guys ... Just some random thoughts .... been making signs for 17 years....and acualy the racecar story 18 years ago was close to true.... I, like Dan, beleave it or not, charge much more for my work then most in my area and oddly beleave I get more then my share of work due to that. Gino: thanks... I am already changing out the window, I had the same thought the second i put it on. also the text on the tailgate, I was not happy with but I am happy with the message. I wanted to put some hot Babe on the side insted of myself but then there was all the isues that would cause with the wife .. so there i am... Dan as I respect you and all you have done and I listen to what you say...but I find it....well ... very elitist sounding (did i spell that right ... I mean corectly?) LOL .... The idea was for the stuff in the rust to look .. floating and almost lost as it would be... rusted and old needing replacement.... the co name was unimportant as was the web address as I dont have a web site... I only get work from word of mouth and referrals... I only cared about ppl seeing this up close(opposite as I think you recomend) and that was one of the reasons for the almost flawless install... but if you have some ideas on the tailgate fonts I am willing to listen ...... hope this was all writen with proper gramer and spelled corectly

Sorry - it really wasn't my intent to be 'elitist'. We all have to start somewhere. I ya'll want a few good laughs, I'll whip out some of my layouts from 20 years ago.

I didn't get the rust thing - I actually didnt even know it was supposed to look rust. I'm sure up close that's apparent.

You did mention something above which just seems a bit off. You said 'the company name was unimportant'. How can that be unimportant? :help

Its fine if you don't have a web site, but you should at a minimum get a one page placeholder and use that prominently on the wrap.

racershawn

this is more of ... An ... eye catcher ... most times I am stoped and asked for a card .... for me a web site is nothing I am looking for... I like dealing in person... As for the rust ..the hood is rusted through to the very kool engine with brade hose and such

Ponto

If your intent was to generate a lot of discussion (mostly polarized) then your design is quite successful... but it contradicts many elements of design and I can't disagree with most of Dan's initial comments. The "kiss" principle was thrown out the window and my blood pressure rises as I view the images and by the way ... "hope this was all writen with proper gramer and spelled corectly"... you missed the boat on that as well!!!
Proper grammer and spelling should also be a cornerstone of this industry and it saddens me when I see otherwise.

JP

OldPaint

you need to post this old saying somewhere in your shop, seems to be the wrapers creedo!!!
IF YOU CANT DAZZLE EM WITH YOUR BRILLIANCE ...............
THEN BAFFLE THEM WITH ..........BULLSHIT!!!!!!!
this sums up your design skills.

Deaton Design

Wraps are cool. On this one, I agree with Gino and Dan. Their comments pretty well sums it up if put altogether. I like some of the artwork and background elements, but the typestyles could have been better. Maybe more emphasis on what you do, than the artwork, but tie them together. I always try and suit myself when designing a job, and than take comments from the customer to tweak it as they like. You suited yourself with this job, and if it brings you more work, then you've accomplished what you set out to do. Looks like a heckuva install from here. How long did it take?

kev3232

i can't wait til someone walks up and sharpies on a mustache or blacks out a tooth!
you've been in the sign biz for 17 years and can't spell "believe"????? good lord.