• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So MUTOH it is...

Capital Signs

Ok, I have decided to get the setup that fellers has of the graphtec, mutoh, and seal laminator.

Not necessarily from fellers, as Matt Cuellar from Unica Digital has been helping me with this deal... Hopefully he can make the magic number so that I will be able to get this package :)

Anyways, my other question is, is there a third party ink for the mutoh, and what is it. I'm not too into the bulk ink systems yet, not pushing that much volume yet, but soon will be.

So is there a set that they sell for the mutoh inks... and second

DOES IT VOID WARRANTY THROUGH MUTOH?

Thanks guys!

Flame

Yes, it will void your warranty. For Pete's sake, please just stick to OEM. It's not worth it to risk a different brand IMO.

Good luck with the sale, I bought my last printer through Matt there, he was very thorough in the entire process.

copythat

Ok, I have decided to get the setup that fellers has of the graphtec, mutoh, and seal laminator.

Not necessarily from fellers, as Matt Cuellar from Unica Digital has been helping me with this deal... Hopefully he can make the magic number so that I will be able to get this package :)

Anyways, my other question is, is there a third party ink for the mutoh, and what is it. I'm not too into the bulk ink systems yet, not pushing that much volume yet, but soon will be.

Thanks guys!

I inquired about a bulk system for my 1204. Right now the cartridges cost $64 ea. Not too bad. Bulk system (OEM INK) would be nice. Find myself replacing loads of them. Especially magenta.

pacmn

the amount of money you will same will out way the cost of a new print head IMO i have bean running Triangle MLD Ink on ore versacamm for a while now and have noting to complain plus my supplier picks up the warranty.

but i guess it user decision.

just my .02

Fuzzbuster

using vutek/efi solvent

8-12 liters a week

use oem till waranty is up.......then cut your ink costs to $100 a liter :thumb: with 2nd party inks

PartyMatt

Lyson 2100 for Mutoh Valuejet

Made by Nazdar, a major US ink manufacturer. It is offered in carts only, so it won't save you as much as bulk ink. However you'll save about 40% and you won't have to buy a bulk ink system. We haven't tried it yet but intend to do so once the warranty on ou VJ expires next March.

Capital Signs

I know solaris has one but for the roland, and they claim that they will replace the print heads if their ink destroys the heads, no questions asked. Labor and the head.

mondo

Thanks guys!

Good Choice!

schurms

I have used third party inks and seen OEM mutoh inks. I prefer Mutoh. They have better density. I will stay with Mutoh. F>>> the warranty Mutoh serves a better more dense drink.

Conor Knoxx

I got a 1204 about a year ago, and couldn't be more pleased with it!

2 points of discussion on this thread though...

Aftermarket inks: nah... when I look at the difference per sq. ft. it really doesn't make sense, for all the downsides. Profiles and colour matching are daunting enough with OEM inks, added with questions about warranty, mechanical failure, and durability/quality of end product? not for me..

Printer Size: ah.. now, while I make do just fine with 48inch - for, me, if the 1304 (54inch) had been available then... that would be the "perfect size". I don't think there's a media made thats not available in 54inch. Covering full 48inch subtrates would be SOOO much easier - my only problem with the 1204. As far as the ability to print to 64inches? Its never once come up / been a problem, in the time I've had it. Even for wraps, I don't see where that would help anything (again.. depends on media size you want to stock I guess) - but a 54inch panel by (whatever size), is a plenty big chuck of vinyl to struggle with, in my humble opinion.. :tongue:

Capital Signs

Some people print out one big strip and have "seamless" wraps. That would be one of the reasons. One of my installers, who also installs for "austingraphics.com" very reputable company, I'm sure a lot of you have heard of them, if not, take a look at their website. They are one of the number 1 wrap companies here in austin, if not the state of Texas. He has asked if I could print seamless wraps, and I am accomodating that as well.

rcboats1

I like being able to print 60" and do seamless wraps, as long as I have a helper. I have not once regretted getting the 1604.