• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So what do you think Flexi and the other software makers are going to do with this...

Pro Image

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_wguy/ytech_wguy_tc3236

As was the topic in the GE ruling I wrote about, the FCC allows computer owners to bypass dongles (hardware devices used in conjunction with software to guarantee the correct owner is behind the keyboard) if they are no longer in operation and can’t be replaced. Dongles are rarities in consumer technology products now, but industrial users are probably thrilled about this, as many go missing and are now impossible to obtain.

So if you have a old version of Flexi and they don't support the hasp key anymore Its legal to by pass it......Interesting.........:cool:

Pat Whatley

Simple....if you want a dongle for FlexiSign 4 it's going to cost you $2100. It meets the requirements of still being available for replacement so you're still SOL. The law says availability....not affordability.

Techman

The first exemption for dongle hacks was for abandoned software. If you owned software locked by a security system,, and the company did not support it any longer, or refused to give you access to legally owned software.. you were allowed to get a cure. However that exemption expired.

The software had to be abandoned, unsupported and legal.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Should be awsome to run Flexi on an iphone or ipad without a dongle.....

wayne k
guam usa