Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So.... What is everyone going to do for Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by GAC05, Nov 20, 2020 at 8:42 AM.

1. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    There are probably CCP trolls even in here.

2. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Heh, I was wondering the same thing

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Ya know, this question was a little premature for the asking. Heck, by then..... Trump might pull ahead and win, the vaccine will be out and the whole world will be saved because of the ol' Trump. Yeah, it could happen. That's the ticket. So, I take back what I said. I thought it was this weekend, but we have almost a week. That's plenty of time, just like the last two minutes of a football game. Guess I'll just go on a snipe hunt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  4. binki

binki Premium Subscriber

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    I live in the People's Republic of California, the PRC as we like to call it.

5. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Tell me about it Boudica. My first session is free.

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  6. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
  7. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    First I marked that Hilarious, but changed it because that is the first thing that has made me chuckle all day. So I appreciate that! Thank you.

8. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Glad to be of service. I was momentarily concerned I ran afoul of the solicitation policy at S101, but I guess one can't be considered professional if they don't charge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Geneva Olson

Geneva Olson Expert Storyteller

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX

what state are you in?
    I am in Texas and we are going to Pensacola to visit my son in the Navy. So far there are no restrictions, so I'm going. I haven't seen my boy since August. I guess I'm playing with the Devil.

10. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    For anti-social , shut-ins like me, this virus has been very useful for getting out of all that crap...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    ushhay onway ethay atestay estionquay, ehay iveslay inway omesay eirdway 3rday orldway ountrycay...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Geneva Olson

Geneva Olson Expert Storyteller

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    I had to get out my pig latin translator!

But hey, if we have gatherings at thanksgiving, apparently we will have deaths at christmas.

13. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Same as we have done every year. Family all gets together at my sisters.

14. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    New Mexico is in full lockdown now...shelter in place. Michigan is getting close. California is getting curfews. Texas governor came on TV few nights ago and said we will never shut down.

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  15. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Is this Biden speak?

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 3
  16. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    I will be taking advantage of your late (Or ours is early) Thanksgiving, and doing a ton of black Friday shopping.

Building my first PC in a decade... supply chain ontop of such huge leaps in performance are making it challenging. It's taken me months to get enough parts for it to function...still trying to get a 3080, if it ever comes back in stock.

We canceled all our plans over here - We just entered a no family or friends get together restriction... supposed to last until December, but from what I've seen so far the restrictions may slow the virus down, but it never really flattens it and restrictions just get extended and extended and extended... so we gave up and aren't doing X-mas, just like we didnt do thanksgiving (I'm an Introvert and with all the work time I put in I barely get to spend time with the wife and kid...so it's a blessing in disguise! Love my family, but I'm not going to knock on spending more time with my wife and kid).

Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving! whether it's a normal nothing changed one, or a smaller than usual one!

17. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Sleep in, get up and put some Vanilla Ice Cream in my coffee along with some Kahlua, get some work done without the phone ringing, Have another cup of Dr. Joe, Have a light lunch, Watch a football game, Drink a beer or two, pick my nose, have a turkey Dinner with family, Drink a glass of wine, Take a nap, watch a flick and take a long nap until morning and start over. Whooptodoo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Black Friday is dead here in the US. Yall still doing that up there?

19. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2005
    Lawton, OK, USA
    Our plans are the same as every year. We won't let the new seasonal flu change our lifestyle. And, I won't get the vaccine either. Vaccines hystoricly have been useless because they only protect from a previous strain.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Kind of. Ours is all online only. It's not the best deals,and bots buy up all the good deals instantly.. Still some good deals to be had, but it's not as good as it used to be.