• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion So, what other...............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
projects are you doing, with this shutdown going on ??

I've been building new onion boxes and some pepper boxes for our vegetable garden at home. I usually do this kinda stuff at home on the weekends, but with no supplies or materials allowed to be shipped in, we're kinda stuck not doing sign things. Been working on vehicles myself (our own vehicles - maintenance and stuff) and cleaning up around the shop. Filled the dumpster three times in the last 2 months. Paper, cardboard, backing paper and all that kinda stuff, I take home and burn in a burn barrel. Do that once a week, if it's not windy. The recyclable bins are almost full, but nothing going in them much in the last week or two. Leaving work around 4 or 5, instead of 6 or 7 and only coming in around 9. Don't unlock the doors and the phones are relatively quiet, so stuff is getting done for ourselves for a change. It's a good feeling, too. It's almost like being retired. I'm a happy camper.

So..... how 'bout any of you ?? whachadoin' ?? :pops_blinking:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Still working for two more days.... then I'll hang out with my kiddo and work from home - if there is any work to do!

Baz

Well ... We have a non essential businesses shut down for three weeks starting tonight.
We do allot of apartment building signage and my employee told me today that his wife is getting on his case about it.
I asked him if he wanted to go home until then and he said yes.
I told him not to worry and that i understand perfectly. Family comes first.
Fortunately he can go to our Revenu Agency website and apply for emergency funds right away.

For me ... I will be coming in to the shop and keeping the door locked.
I have allot of sketches and quotes to do so the upside is i will be able to catch up on all my projects.

Crazy times ....

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I'm anxiously awaiting a new baby granddaughter in the next week or so. My daughter's family lives only 15 minutes away, but we'll be limited to seeing her via facetime in the hospital and probably a good bit after that, depending on how things work with the bug going around.

I'm not deep in the boonies...but close. I absolutely love this time of year with the geese, ducks, sandhill cranes, croakers and peepers. Our pond is only 20 feet from our kitchen window, and it provides good entertainment while washing the dishes. Lately, though, it looks like closing time at the bar with the drakes (male ducks) doing their damnedest to put on a show for their gals. A few of the muskrats seem to enjoy cruising around on the surface of the water in search of a good meal, and perhaps a little bit of love along the way.

Many of the songbirds are now waking me up each morning, and in the evening the hoot owls have been busy with their hooters as they also try to attract mates. It shouldn't be long before this season's fawns begin making their appearances, and that's always fun to see.

I'd be rich if I could bottle the sights, sounds and smells of spring.

Years ago, I put a horizontal piece of masking tape across my shop window to serve as a "sun-tracker". Every couple of days or so, I'd put a mark (and the date) on the tape where the sun came up on the horizon. It was fun tracking its northern ascent as we headed toward summer.

No time for TV...there's way too much to do out here.

JB

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Boxes with onions in it. Ya have vinyl boxes, crayon boxes.... all kinds a things in boxes. These boxes have onions in them.... city boy. As you can see, these boxes are falling apart, so my wife said build some with the extra time on your hands. Aye-aye captain. The tomato boxes were made last year.

veggie boxes.jpg

bannertime

I plan on redoing our pole sign cause it's in need of new panels. I've already got them in our shop, 6x12 poly, and the trans color vinyl. Stuck on the layout. Other than that, probably just spring cleaning and other in-house projects.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Still working full schedule here at our shop. Some of our employees are doing half days. I'm taking off April Fool's Day.(Our 10 year wedding Anniversary). Shhhh....don't tell her. It's a surprise. If/when we shut down I'll be glad to tend the garden, walking, running, tv, cooking, cleaning "purging" etc. Wife says her place may shut down for 3 weeks.Up to the GM right now. She's been promised 2 weeks paid but....

Bly

We're still coming in and have a couple of jobs trickling through.
Shorter days and no rush jobs which I could enjoy if I didn't have rent and payroll coming up.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Just painted the bathroom. Tomorrow is the kitchen and back hall. Got my seeds started Sunday. Garage needs cleaning, basement needs the floor painted. Started a graduation T-shirt quilt for my son who won’t be able to graduate like the rest of us did. Will go to the shop next week and clean etc. Made an omelet for breakfast, scooped the cat litter, drank coffee and took a walk today...all by 8 am. Going to be a long 30 days. Kids are by their dad as he did something to his arm and can’t care for the 25 goats he has. Plenty of yard work if the weather warms up. Boyfriend is pulling his hair out learning geometry. Might ride my bike to my friends in the country with some beer and a roll of toilet paper so I can pee in the woods and stay out of her house. Will be sure to stay a good 10’ away from her but the more u drink the louder u are so I don’t anticipate any issues. I’ve never been laid off a day in my life...this is going to take some getting used to!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, you don't need toilet paper when out along the old roads. Some bushes or big leaves are your friend. Just be sure they don't have three points and are shiny. :(

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ya know, you don't need toilet paper when out along the old roads. Some bushes or big leaves are your friend. Just be sure they don't have three points and are shiny. :(

Not this time of year, at least not in the Midwest anyway.

JB

GregT

Maintenance of equipment, things that have been on the list of "to do" are finally getting done. Doing small jobs for local restaurants and whatever else we can come up with. Phones are ringing a little bit, but not like before.

SignosaurusRex

I'm taking the COVID-19 pandemic extremely serious and have been doing so since the very first known deaths here in Washington State. I'm down to only taking care of absolutely "Essential" jobs such as for Police and Fire (various agencies).
The rest of the time is spent cleaning up the shop, equipment and vehicle maintenance, cleaning up and purging job files. Ignoring most of the radio and television. At home.... working on a few landscape projects as well as readying the garden areas, and various home maintenance needs. STAYING HOME as everyone should do.
My wife is employed in a "Highly Essential" medical related role. Double-edged sword there! :O

If this keeps up as long as I suspect it will, I'll run out of things that NEED to be done and I'll have to start scheming on
new and crazy projects to fill time.

I used to say..."There isn't enough hours in a day". Now I say... "There are too many hours in a day"

EVERYONE, PLEASE, STAY HOME and STAY SAFE!
Make it a comfortable "STAYCATION" because "LIFE" is cancelling your planned VACATION.

Last edited: