• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

so... what's up with the surecolor?

comholt

Damper Assembly

hey comholt.. so does your demo have the new damper ***'y? If so.. did it fix the problem like promised?

We received our demo unit in April. I am told Epson spend most of May/June replacing the damper assembly on the units in distribution. We have been contacted by Decision One to have ours replaced, but it hasn't happened yet. I will post in the next few weeks after the change is completed.

I am also scheduled to have a look at the S70 with the additional color and white ink at Epson HQ at the end of the month. The specs say up to 980 sq-ft/hour. I'm excited to check it out.

PrintItBig

I've looked and looked and can't find any info from end users either.

We had a demo of one last week and the quality of the print was excellent. Lovely rich colours and very scratch resistant. We're having a second look on Monday.

I'm just a bit worried about long term reliability and the ink fading prematurely.

Generally the opinion of Epson seems to be quite negative on these forums?

ProColorGraphics

I'm seriously considering a s70. Hoping Epson has gotten the bugs worked out from the last printer. It sounds like they have from what I've eard.

S70s

Just an FYI - we have two s70s on order to replace the Gs6000s we have in our shop that we are selling to other shops.

The printers are scheduled to deliver to our facility in Seattle, WA in the first week of November (about a month later than we were promised originally). The print samples we have seen are amazing and the versatility of the printer is top notch - both sign and graphic capable plus we will be printing A LOT of canvas and fabrics in a fine art mode.

I'll report more on the s70s when they are installed and running.

tgrinds

I know someone running the 50600. They are not running with white ink, therefore, a replacement cartridge takes the place of the white slot. This has to be decided during the initial setup. I am assuming the same would apply with the 70600 series.

Hzone15

S70

Rumor on the street's is the S70 not available for shipment until Late Jan early Feb. The 50670 even further out.