• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SoftRIP

jdesign

Owner @graphiceffex
Anyone using SoftRip, I could use your help. I have a Roland SP-300 / SoftRIP 6.7 and I'm having problems with grey colors in bitmap images showing up green. I've been trying different profiles, correction curves, lowering ink limit, etc. I'm using Arlon DPF 8000 vinyl. Thanks for any help!

toli13

The only way to solve this will be calibrating and profiling your machine/media. To much to explain in a short post. If you're not familiar with this procedure, I suggest to let do this somebody for you. It costs you some money but will protect your hair from getting neutral grey instead of the prints.
If you will go the hard way, there are mostly all necessary informations in the Wasatch helpfiles. But be prepared to spend a lot of time, ink and vinyl, unless you are a quick learning genius.
Tilo

bbeens

I will agree with Tilo. Contact the dealer you get your media from, ask them if they are aware of profile that will be a better match or if they are willing to build you a custom profile. To take the hard route mentioned by Tilo you will need a spectrophotometer and profiling software (Monaco or ProfileMaker being the most common). Profiling is difficult to understand for the beginner, although NOT rocket science by any means. If you go this route, feel free to shoot me questions. Or if your service contract is current call and we can discuss.

Bryan

jdesign

Owner @graphiceffex
Thanks guys! Yeah I just bought SoftRip so I have a current service contract.
I had a tech out and we ran the same files off his laptop w/ Signlab and voila grey's were grey.

Mosh

Search the grey/green issue on here it has been answered a trillion times. Profiles, try printing as a tiff....on and on and on, just part of the ecomax thing my friend!!! Do a search on the 110.

jdesign

Owner @graphiceffex
Might help if I go back to using XP, the SP-300 driver is not compatible with Windows 7... YeeHaw. Sorry for bringing up yet another Grey/Green thread... theres a ton.

jdesign

Owner @graphiceffex
Thanks to Ryan, not sure of his name on 101 (Wasatch???) but he walked me through all the steps and we found that I was saving my downloaded color profiles in the wrong folder... they need to be in the configuration folder in order to load properly.... Grey's are better than ever! Much appreciated!

I have another question with cut contour, I know there are a ton of threads on this and I've searched hi and low. After I print and lam I'll load the sheet and do a set-up, leaving the printer settings the same I'll do I rip and print with cut only it will immediately just start cutting, it won't even try to scan to detect the marks. Is there an option/feature to do a auto detect on the crop marks on a SP-300 before you cut? My Process Cutting Paths is checked as well as Automatic Alignment, I've adjusted my sensor to 2.5v, lining up crops on the teflon strip, setting up my base point, I've tried with out lam. Since I've owned this printer I've seen it scan for the marks... but not lately. Thanks, Dave

bbeens

The Cut only driver not meant for a Print-then-Cut workflow. When you print your job a entry in your print queue should appear in the print queue you have selected as 'Cutting Unit' in the Print -> Setup window. You should select this newly added entry in the print queue and queue up a copy. This will trigger the registration marks detection logic.

Only use the Cut Only driver if you are doing a cut that has not been previously printed, ie colored vinyl etc.

If you have questions give me a ring. 800-683-8214. Glad to hear Ryan helped you out.

Bryan

jdesign

Owner @graphiceffex
Yes! that worked and after a couple hours wrestling around with all the cut adj. my cuts are spot on! Whoo that was a long road... 3 months or so ago I bought this SP-300 for $1500 bucks and brought it back to life... sorry for the rookie questions.