• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software question, is it possible?

mgriff

I use the Sign Warehouse version of Flexi , LXi Master Plus, but only have a license for use on one computer. I have always done my design work on my office computer but since adding a computer I use in the field I would also like to be able to design on it as well. Of course this means purchasing an additional license ($499) and then having two license to upgrade the next time I have to upgrade operating systems ($199 each).

My question: Can I install the license I have onto an external hard drive and use it at which ever computer I am working at? All of my files are already stored on the external so it is always with me anyway. Both computers are also running windows 8.1

player

You used to be able to have it on multiple computers, just only able to run on one computer at a time. I would hope it is that way still. So if it is,
you can have it on the two machines, just only run one at a time.

mgriff

When the software went cloud based it can now only be installed on one computer. To install it on another computer you must first release it from the current computer.

Techman

When the software went cloud based it can now only be installed on one computer. To install it on another computer you must first release it from the current computer.

This is so sad.. To me this is another failure of the cloud system.

mgriff

This is so sad.. To me this is another failure of the cloud system.

its all a money racquet. The fact that I am paying $500 per license isn't the end of the world by any means. The issue is the software manufacturers charging $200 per license every time a new OS come out.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
They do still also sell Flexi as perpetual licenses which still work fine the old way....

mgriff

They do still also sell Flexi as perpetual licenses which still work fine the old way....

Yes, but you are still required to pay for the updates if you change operating systems. The perpetual license is the $499 I was speaking of. If I am wrong about that please inform me, I would like to have the software on both computers. It just not worth the extra money to supply the software to a computer I use once a week.

Also, I tried the install on the external hard drive. Apparently when the software is licensed to a computer it is logged with the IP address and can only be accessed from the IP.