• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solaris roland bulk ink system

CS-SignSupply

Using ballpark numbers... if you use 4 sets (8-440's, about 3520 ml, $1760 or so) a month, you could buy 4 liters plus the bulk ink system and net about the same cost. ($1720).

To me, using 4 sets of CMYK 440's a month is simply a good candidate for the bulk system, as they can absorb the setup costs and immediately start seeing a savings.

As with most Bulk systems, a bit more care is needed to maintain them as they are not plug and play cartridges.

ProColorGraphics

I have heard that Roland puts into their firmware to do extra cleaning cycles to waste the ink if it's not a roland cartridge in the machine. Can anyone verify if that is true?

CS-SignSupply

After every two liters of ink used in the bottle, it is recommended to clean the bottle with a little solvent flush, extra cleanings from the printer itself, the occasional ink spill from filling the bulk bottle

ProColorGraphics

I guess to me that is not a big deal. I am pretty picky about the cleanliness of my machine anyways. I have been looking at the refillable cartridge setup that Solaris has.

CS-SignSupply

The system works well. I do not like to put a bulk system into the hands of someone that lets the printer sit for any length of time with or without cleaning. Vacuum sealed cartridges are better for those types of users. My opinion.

mtroup

I just use the carts as they come (buy in 440ml from Fellers.. not bulk).. I don't notice any loss of ink due to additional cleaning cycles, etc..

benjercorp

to the odor issue, if it doesn't smell is more dangerous because they use more Gamma Butyrolactone instead of more solvent for abrasion resistance .. this is used to get the inks to smell less but in reality are more dangerous because you don't know what is killing you...
to the maintenance issue, it is recommended to change the bulk system every year since sedimentation occurs on every ink you will notice this after a while or very from the beginning if the ink is very bad, all depends on the quality of the pigments and the quality of additives they use on the formulation...

AnaF

Anyone have experience dealing with a reputable company in Toronto, Canada who offers bulk ink compatible with Roland printers? Solaris or otherwise!

Last edited: