• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soljet Pro 4 XR-640 vs Epson SureColor s70760

rotunda

We have a toss-up between these two contenders for our next printer. We've had an SC540 for 10+ years and still runs great. any insights on either of these machines is appreciated. We're buying a graphtec plotter to run in tandem w/the printer, so the print-cut option on the Roland is not a deciding factor for purchase.

Thanks!

petepaz

we have the xr 640 so far it's another good solid roland machine (we have 4 right now that we use) don't know much about the epson but we find the roland very user friendly as far as software, general use and repairs/maintenance. quality is good and we like the print cut option. maybe if you go with the roland the print cut option is a benefit to you. you wouldn't have to buy an additional plotter because you can cut on both your sc and xr. print on one and cut on the other, they work together.

rotunda

we have the xr 640 so far it's another good solid Roland machine (we have 4 right now that we use) don't know much about the Epson but we find the Roland very user friendly as far as software, general use and repairs/maintenance. quality is good and we like the print cut option. maybe if you go with the Roland the print cut option is a benefit to you. you wouldn't have to buy an additional plotter because you can cut on both your sc and xr. print on one and cut on the other, they work together.

Thanks for your response. We print a lot of decals and still cut a lot (lot) of vinyl, so having a plotter that contour cuts and separates is a good investment for us. The Graphtec will get heavy use.

Are you using the white and/or metallic inks? I'm interested in the white ink more than the metallic silver but would love to hear more input on either of them.

I am leaning towards the Roland, but the Epson caught my eye w/the Orange ink (nothing wrong w/an expanded gamut). It also sounds like a solid machine, but we'll see. . .

Are you working in VersaWorks?

petepaz

we have ours set up with the metallic but we have the xc set up with white. not the best but it's ok for certain jobs. we also have the lej with white and gloss. the uv white is 100% better then the solvent white on the xc. yes we run all our rolands with versaworks