• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solvent print transfers for garments. Opinions please

rjssigns

Ok, tomorrow will work.

What brand heat press do you have?

How do you check the pad temp?

Thanks

We run a Hotronix 16x20 digital draw press. We only use Eco-Print so I'm not qualified to comment on other products. At this point I see no reason to change.

We set it at 320 and hit the shirt for 5 seconds first to flatten it out. Timer is set for 13 seconds. Peel hot. Works a treat.

ayukish

We recommend the Eco-Print be applied at 300 degrees. Keep in mind, this is just a recommendation. If what you're doing is working well for you, feel free to continue!

phototec

We recommend the Eco-Print be applied at 300 degrees. Keep in mind, this is just a recommendation. If what you're doing is working well for you, feel free to continue!

It's a bit confusing because you on the Imprintables website the instructions say to press for 10-15 seconds at 300°

And the printed catalog they sent me (Vol12) instructions says to press 10-15 seconds at 320°

Both say to Pre-Heat for 4 seconds and peel hot.

Why is the temperature different different between the to?

ayukish

It's a bit confusing because you on the Imprintables website the instructions say to press for 10-15 seconds at 300°

And the printed catalog they sent me (Vol12) instructions says to press 10-15 seconds at 320°

Both say to Pre-Heat for 4 seconds and peel hot.

Why is the temperature different different between the to?

320 was the recommended temperature until about 6 months ago. We're always testing our products. With the latest testing, we determined 300 degrees is the best temp to apply the material.

phototec

I can check tomorrow but my heat press is set for 342 but the pad temp is in the 335 range.

just checked and it looks to be sitting at 320-22

Ok, that sounds better, when you first told me 342° I was thinking that is way higher then I have ever heard for doing heat transfer....

Ok the machine is set for 320, how do you check the actual platen temp? Do you use anything to check the actual platen like a digital thermometer?

:thankyou:

rjssigns

320 was the recommended temperature until about 6 months ago. We're always testing our products. With the latest testing, we determined 300 degrees is the best temp to apply the material.

I'll turn the heat down and change my notes. Thanks for the heads up.

Bretbyron

@rjssigns Thank you!

@Bretbyron The Eco Print recommended by rjssigns is a great choice over the options you mentioned. I don't think you'll see the longevity in those products that you'll see in the Eco-Print. Some of them also have a Paper backing, which is a pain to deal with. The Eco Print is priced right, easy to work with, and will look great through many washes!

Here's a pic of my first batch. Eco-Print on New Era 9forty. 10 Blk, 10 Kly Grn and 10 Navy. The customer was very pleased. The Ph# is in 30%black to match the background of his logo. I had no problem printing, cutting and applying immediately. The graphics were a little dull, but overall I am pleased.

11045353_825502317536449_1317383425323466136_n.jpg