• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Solvent Printable Translucent Screens

Adam Wilson

I'm looking for a paper/screen/film material which is either frosted or translucent and can be printed on a Mimaki CJV150 solvent printer. I am trying to produce colour separation screens for Waterslide screen printing if possible. In other words.. a solvent printable tracing paper material. Roll or sheet.

AKwrapguy

I'm looking for a paper/screen/film material which is either frosted or translucent and can be printed on a Mimaki CJV150 solvent printer. I am trying to produce colour separation screens for Waterslide screen printing if possible. In other words.. a solvent printable tracing paper material. Roll or sheet.

All of theses are all very different things. 3M makes a frosted material that yo can print on. I think that you would have a hard time putting a screen through a solvent printer. Tracing paper is usually pretty thin and I'm not aware of anything that you could put through a solvent printer that would hold up.

If your trying to create screen your going to want to us a clear plastic material. You could also use Rubylith.

Adam Wilson

All of theses are all very different things. 3M makes a frosted material that yo can print on. I think that you would have a hard time putting a screen through a solvent printer. Tracing paper is usually pretty thin and I'm not aware of anything that you could put through a solvent printer that would hold up.

If your trying to create screen your going to want to us a clear plastic material. You could also use Rubylith.

Yes I probably didn't describe it too well. I think the correct material would be a waterproof Silk Screen Positive Film for Eco Solvent printers. So yes a clear plastic material. Though i'm not sure many supply this?

AKwrapguy

Yes I probably didn't describe it too well. I think the correct material would be a waterproof Silk Screen Positive Film for Eco Solvent printers. So yes a clear plastic material. Though i'm not sure many supply this?

So again you're asking about two different things. I guess maybe the better question is what are you trying to do? What is the end goal?

studio 440

get an epson printer with ghost rip and uv resist ink on their transparencies

petepaz

there is a way to convert your solvent printer to print films for silk screening but you have to change the ink over (i forgot who does it and what ink they use) you will never print an opaque film for silk screening out of a normal solvent printer

d fleming

there is a way to convert your solvent printer to print films for silk screening but you have to change the ink over (i forgot who does it and what ink they use) you will never print an opaque film for silk screening out of a normal solvent printer
You can pick up a used pigment printer, usually of the 44" variety cheap and use roll film for over size or get a desktop. I have an epson workforce printer that prints 13x19 sheets makes good positives for t shirt work.

Adam Wilson

Thank you for your responses guys. We have waterslide transfers screen printed by a supplier but we always like to supply the artwork on policrom colour separation screens. This is currently done on a very old Roland Thermal Resin printer which is becoming much less reliable due to it being 18 years old haha. We also have a Mimaki CJV-150 Solvent printer for printing vinyl transfers. Guess I was hoping we could print the positives (colour separations) on that printer but seems highly unlikely now. From what most people are saying, it seems like we need a Epson Inkjet or pigment printer or similar then.