• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solvent Printing on Static Clings

city sign

I'm in need of a static cling material that can be reverse printed and applied to the inside of the window. Has anyone ever tried this and where do I go to find the cling that will work with my Roland Versa Cam 540.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has information.

City Sign

petepaz

i get it from fellers also
i use the solvex clear and white(least expensive and it works good)
if it is and inside decal you print it backwards and then you may have to laminate white vinyl to it for opacity or if you silk screen you can flood the sheets
either way just make sure not to cover your trim marks (line up dots for cutting)
and don't cut the sheets down

petepaz

Also if printing on your Roland,,, I had to move my media holders( chrome pieces) out of the way, they want to stick to the static cling

yes good call they material sometimes sticks and causes a big mess
also when you print use high quality it will take longer but you get a better print on the static
i have noticed on the standard print you get more banding

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
The static does take more ink. I have printed on clear vinyl and stuck it to the cling material.

Welcome neighbor, from Lawton, OK

static cling material always causes motor feed error because it sticks to pinch rollers. i put masking tape on pinch rollers for printing static cling and it totally solved the problem. I also use the matte cast vynl profile and it works amazing.