• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some Guy Is Using My Business Name On Facebook!

VINYLIMAGEZ

Hi Ya'll! hope every thing is kicking better this year for you!!long time no c!!:rock-n-roll:

ok! so I been facebooking alot and tonight I ran vinyl imagez on the search on facebook and found a guy using Vinyl Imagez as a fan page, his from Waco Tx., I have my own fyi.

so I know I can't do s%$t about this, but I'm really pissed off about it, I been thinking of email n him a letter but im so pissed off right now that I dont want to make something worse.

how should I aproch this dude? (arse whooping, I know LOL!), but really, how?
Thanks!!

Bradster941

Hi Ya'll! hope every thing is kicking better this year for you!!long time no c!!:rock-n-roll:

ok! so I been facebooking alot and tonight I ran vinyl imagez on the search on facebook and found a guy using Vinyl Imagez as a fan page, his from Waco Tx., I have my own fyi.

so I know I can't do s%$t about this, but I'm really pissed off about it, I (have) been thinking of email(ing) n him a letter but im so pissed off right now that I dont want to make something worse.

how should I aproch this dude? (arse whooping, I know LOL!), but really, how?
Thanks!!

For starters, don't try to Beat him up with English grammar. ( This is still America after all ).

For a direct, to the quick answer, post your question in the Premium Section.

PS. Delete your dead link in your Signature.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Even if your name is registered with the county or state, there's not much you can do about it unless it was actually trademarked through the USPTO (http://www.uspto.gov/).

There are hundreds of business with similar, or exact names and that kind of thing happens all the time. Just ask the owners of "Tim's Garage" or "Joe's Diner".

JB

Craig Sjoquist

yup unless it is what James B is talking about ....nothing contact them and say howdy, ask them if they need help on anything you would be glad to if your able, might make new friends or a customer.

Salmoneye

You should do nothing. It is very common, there are probably 100 of you. I would however make it very clear that you are the Vinyl Images in "________" city and state and not the nice folks that also have a page with the same name in "Waco, TX" ... You might drop them a friendly hello, explain that there are two of you and they might want to mention prominently where they are located so that you are not confused. I have seen businesses with the same name in the same town, now that could be a problem. Just think about how many Lincoln Streets there are. Your customers will find you just fine, no worries.

VINYLIMAGEZ

For starters, don't try to Beat him up with English grammar. ( This is still America after all ).

For a direct, to the quick answer, post your question in the Premium Section.

PS. Delete your dead link in your Signature.

LOL! yeah I can't spell worth a c3@p.

Guess I really don't have to worry about this, his in Waco, he is a cuple hundred miles away, Thanks Guys I thought I'll share this with you.
:thumb:

artsnletters

hey you never know maybe he was there BEFORE you....maybe he's bitching about somebody on this sign forum using your/his name!!!
That's the breaks in this internet based business model....pretty easy to start a FB page or get a website...nothing legal required.
Tim

OldPaint

do a google search on SIGN LANGUAGE!!!! i know at 3 of em.........or you could really put you noodle to work.......AND COME UP WITH AN ORIGINAL NAME)))))))))))) VINYLIMAGEZ.....i would bet there a 100 of them.

speedmedia

Yeah, problem is your name is probably something that is commonly used, sort of like "Extreme Graphics" or an equal poorer spelled version. I know of at least 10 of those.

Thanks,
Kurt

VINYLIMAGEZ

after doing a search on google a lot of results are showing, but there from me, my youtube, facebook, myspace, and a cuple of forums, guess that name is not that so common LOL

SignManiac

That's exactly why I went with a completely original name to begin with. Never once anything even remotely close.

OldPaint

i was refering to the name SIGN LANGUAGE.......i know 3 without google ....... vinyl images on google............About 9,880,000 results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
most of the old guys took time to find a name, that NO ONE ELSE HAD!!!! sorta sets you apart from the pack. wasnt till the vinyl shops started that they all seemed to have the same names.

VINYLIMAGEZ

it's with a "z" ,imagez, what really sets me apart from the pack, is that I operate inside a mall, I know I'm not the only one operating inside a mall, but how many here on the forums are doing this?

CarNate69

it's with a "z" ,imagez, what really sets me apart from the pack, is that I operate inside a mall, I know I'm not the only one operating inside a mall, but how many here on the forums are doing this?

A "Z" in Images Is actually what makes you look like you have no experience in business.