• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Someone has purchased spare parts from china?

orfeo25

Hi!

I don't know if this is the right forum, but i have some doubts about some website in china that sell spare parts for Roland, Mutoh, Mimaki or Epson, with very low prices compared to an european technical service
I'm from Spain, and I can ensure that here some spare parts are expensive (the double), than in China.

Someone purchased some parts (printer head or a pump) from china?

I checked this web page, http://www.diytrade.com/, and put "mutoh", like product, and I am surprised with the prices.

I hope not to have bothered with this comment, only I am curious to know if someone has bought a piece in this way.

Thank you!

Techman

I imagine that the shipping cost will be pretty high and eat up what you would have saved.

Nope\\

I used cartridges for my encad from china. They are the exact same ones except that the middle man is taken out of the equation. Shipping was 4 bux For the price of one i got four carts. plus 4 bux shipping..

I really didn't want to go to china. However local suppliers didn't have the dry carts i needed. For those who may be interested.

Some cartridges come in wet. (with ink in them). It is wel known that ink is made with alcohols. That alcohol will corrode the piezoelectric valves in those cartridges. So, carts that sit on a shelf for a couple of years will come in dead. I got tired of dead heads. So stared to insist on dry carts. never a problem since...

orfeo25

So, by now the result is 2-1 heh

I'm wating the payments of 2 works to buy 2 printheads for a Rockopper II.
In the printhead i save the 45% of the price if i buy them here in spain.
The cost of shipping practically no influence on the final price.
And the most important, the printhead are made in japan, by epson.

Where do you think most of the US and European suppliers are getting them from? They buy in bulk from China and resell to you at double the price.

letterman7

So how, exactly, do you order anything from that site? Send an email to the "inquiry"? I got really excited when I saw I could buy a 64" VJ for $9999...until I saw the fine print of "5 units" minimum. And I wasn't too dure about this description on parts " We provide virus kind of wide format solvent printer indoor inkjet printer spare parts, such as, Main board, servo board...Keywords:Spare parts , Printer spare parts , "
Gotta love website translations...

orfeo25

Letterman7:
First of all, I registered into the site, and then sent an email using "send inquiry".
After 5 days, i recived the offer for the printheads, but the guy forgot to tell me how i can make the payment. (cos in the website i didn't find any BUY button..)
Now i'm waiting the answer, but i supouse is across visa or paypal.
The delivery is by DHL, so after purchase, i have to wait 2 weeks (if i'm lucky...) to recive the printheads.

I will inform you, if there are news.

letterman7

Orfeo: thanks - kind of figured that was the step by step. I'll wait to hear from you about the sale.

ddarlak: none whatsoever. But if you're selling internationally, then a grammer check is only cursory.

bella

The only way to buy would be bulk IE. five, six or more people buying. One container would be a fraction of the shipping cost. I had a look on the site but I'm not sure how much some of this gear would cost as there is no prices, and can we trust our little friends? :omg:

Techman

Somewhat of a contridiction isn't it!

Nope
Happens every day. For example... ever read a tag that says. Parts made in Mexico assembled in canada.. ETC...
And, I wonder about your spelling...

P

ProWraps™

sh*t. if i could get vj 1604s for $9999 i dont care if i had to buy 10. lets do it.

advsign22

Where are they located in China?
I live and work here now so depending on how far away they are I will go and check them out.

Ken

CustomRide

I imagine that the shipping cost will be pretty high and eat up what you would have saved.

Its "about" $8usd per 2.25lbs for standard ems (usps). Shipping cost are not the problem. If you don't use paypal bank fees average $30-$50 per international wire fee on top of suppliers bank which sometimes they try to slide off to you as well or build into product price.

CustomRide

So how, exactly, do you order anything from that site? Send an email to the "inquiry"? I got really excited when I saw I could buy a 64" VJ for $9999...until I saw the fine print of "5 units" minimum. And I wasn't too dure about this description on parts " We provide virus kind of wide format solvent printer indoor inkjet printer spare parts, such as, Main board, servo board...Keywords:Spare parts , Printer spare parts , "
Gotta love website translations...

Don't deal with someone who is offering printers like Roland, mutoh's ect.... overseas a second look. It's either a scam or they are trying to gather attention to get you to look at their other products.

advsign22

Don't deal with someone who is offering printers like Roland, mutoh's ect.... overseas a second look. It's either a scam or they are trying to gather attention to get you to look at their other products.

Could be like an iPhone that I purchased here for $70. It is labeled as an Iphone and looks like one but the operating system is not.

There is a local banner shop that has a Mutoh printer next to a Chinese printer. I was surprised to see a Mutoh printer here in China.

Ken