• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Something I've alreay learned

Firemalt

Day 1:
Don't leave the pinch roller in the "locked" position on material overnight... it will leave imprints on your material.

Day2:
Don't put the pinch roller in between material rollers... it will NOT feed correctly.

Day3:
Be patient

Techman

It will also warp the pinch roller wheel

Only on those few machines where the maker insists on using very narrow wheels or those other companies that use those CHEAP soft rubber roller wheels when making the cutters.

Service Sign Co

Only on those few machines where the maker insists on using very narrow wheels or those other companies that use those CHEAP soft rubber roller wheels when making the cutters.

5/16'' wheels on Roland will warp if left pinched, it could take some time for that to occur. Probably won't happen overnight.

Firemalt

Yeah... well, I opted for a cheap cutter for my first, just to see if I'd like doing this. Creation CT630

Every brand of friction fed plotter I have ever owned, sold, or serviced has had issues with teh wheels developing compressed flat spots from being left engaged, and I have never owned, sold or serviced a signwarehouse brand or ebay special nor anything named after a feline species.

and just recently I had to replace the wheels on our current relatively new (less than a year old) Summa from an employee leaving the wheels engaged over a weekend.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Really hate to harp on the pro's of a "cheap" machine, but we've run the same wheels on our oldest Lynx X60 for over 4 years. They're 1/2 inch by by design and have yet to "flat spot" one yet. When I save my pennies up I'm going to by me one of those "expenseive professional" machines that wears out rollers and jams with a x-error axis error because of the light weight drive motor the "professional mfg" puts in them. Oh, yea, I forgot, I might go for a tractor drive model and pay twice what I'm paying now for vinyl.
Seriously, every time someone says they have a problem with any other brand other than Roland, Graphtec, or Summa, they get a crap load of useless info on how bad their purchase was or just plain ole' call them junk. Sorta tired of it. By the way, I paid from $1200 to $1800 for the cutters I have and to me that ain't cheap. The Big Boys better wake up and figure out a way to keep up with the competition or their going to be sitting in the unemplyoment line leaning against their professional machines. Throw -a-way plotters are here.
Sorry for the vent.......

gvgraphics

Really hate to harp on the pro's of a "cheap" machine, but we've run the same wheels on our oldest Lynx X60 for over 4 years. They're 1/2 inch by by design and have yet to "flat spot" one yet. When I save my pennies up I'm going to by me one of those "expenseive professional" machines that wears out rollers and jams with a x-error axis error because of the light weight drive motor the "professional mfg" puts in them. Oh, yea, I forgot, I might go for a tractor drive model and pay twice what I'm paying now for vinyl.
Seriously, every time someone says they have a problem with any other brand other than Roland, Graphtec, or Summa, they get a crap load of useless info on how bad their purchase was or just plain ole' call them junk. Sorta tired of it. By the way, I paid from $1200 to $1800 for the cutters I have and to me that ain't cheap. The Big Boys better wake up and figure out a way to keep up with the competition or their going to be sitting in the unemplyoment line leaning against their professional machines. Throw -a-way plotters are here.

WOW..................Nobody said anything bad about this guys or gals cutter. That rant was a little unexpected if you ask me. Unless you take "CHEAP RUBBER" as an insult.

what in the world does this have to do with the topic at hand?

Firemalt

I believe he was saying that though I may have purchased a "cheap" machine in many people eyes... that the cheaper machines are starting to catch up to the more expensive machine in quality, and product output.

Correct?

S

Sign-Man Signs

I believe he was saying that though I may have purchased a "cheap" machine in many people eyes... that the cheaper machines are starting to catch up to the more expensive machine in quality, and product output.

Correct?
Thanks Firemalt. Correct.

threeputt

We make it a point to disengage the wheels when the machine sits overnite. But it's also very important to make sure your laminator rolls are not engaged for prolonged periods!

I think the cost of replacing one of those would far exceed pinch roller wheels. Just a reminder.

Pat Whatley

Almost every day I leave with the plotter still cutting vinyl. It gets finished and I sure don't come back to raise the pinch wheels.

Never had a pinch wheel warp on either of our Summas or either Roland in 6 years.

iSign

hmm... my laminator sits with rollers engaged all day and night between uses... for 2 years now... should I worry about that?

sardocs

I cut vinyl on a Ioline 'Studio 8' that I bought in '92 or there abouts, after wearing out a Camm1. The rollers haven't been lifted since i bought it except to change colours. I have never serviced or maintained this machine, ever. It just keeps cuttin'. I don't even replace the wear-strip anymore. I put a piece of sandblast stencil on there ten years ago and it's still on there.