• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300 Cut problem

Mike Christen

Hello

I have a versacamm SP300 and I am having problems with the cutting. It cuts right on the money when I print, laminate, and cut using the crop marks. But when I print and cut it's off in the scan direction. I know how to adjust it but my question is, if I adjust for print and cut will this effect the print, lam, and cut. Most of what I do is print, lam, and cut so I really don't want to make changes to settings if it would mess it up. Or is there anything else I can check or adjust to fix this. I have done the environmental match but it has no effect.

Thanks for any assistance
Mike

Bradster941

Hi Mike, and welcome to the board.

While I can't help you with your question, I did
move your post to where it will get the most exposure.

I'm sure some here will be able to help you.

Brad.

petepaz

never had that problem..sorry
did you check with roland tech
did you check all the wheels/rollers and pinch rollers
maybe something is loose or catching up to cause the material to shift
so it doesn't cut correctly
or maybe just your base point position is not right
...sorry that's all i can come up with

DRamm76

Def check the rollers. With the laminated vinyl it may be just thick enough on loose pinch rollers to keep it from slipping and without the lam it may be loose enough to slip.

When the media is locked try giving the media a tug in the front and see if you can pull the vinyl forward. You should not be able to pull it. If you can, it may be the pinch rollers.

Mike Christen

Thanks for the replies.

I checked the rollers and they seem to be good. The alignment issue is in the scan direction (left-right) the feed direction (fwd-bck) is right on the money. If the alignment problem was in the feed direction I would understand the roller being the fault, but the mis-alignment is in the scan direction.

Thanks
Mike

NCSignTech

You need to use your environmental match to calibrate your linear and scan motor encoders. Linear encoder is used scan position of print carriage. Encoder in scan motor is used for scan position of cut cariage. Also confirm your print-cut alignment is correct.