• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300 Profiles

blackicefx

Finally getting some $$ out of the sp-300 (have had it only a week or so) and was wondering how to get the best print from it. I know it's not an epson photo printer or a VP-300 but am wondering which profiles to use for it? I am printing strictly on Aspire Calendared print media (Denco rebadged house brand) and 3m 180C control tac with comply v2. I may look into using some oracal cast media later on but these are my primary two. To fully utilize the machine are there specific recommended profiles to print with? I have been printing with RGB and CMYK at 300dpi and would like to see slightly cleaner prints. Don't get me wrong, they look great, but I'd like to tweak them a bit. My Denco tech said that Generic Vinyl I, II, and III + Graphics & Signs are the best two settings to be on...? That sounds too generic to me...

Thanks,
Matthew
BlackIceFX

petepaz

if you are just printing on vinyl i use the glossy calandered vinyl and it works pretty good

scuba_steve2699

I use GCVP for most vinyls and the cast profile for cast materials. I recently used the calandered wrap profile for oracal wrap vinyl and it worked great. Make sure you adjust your colors for black to c 80 m 80 y 80 and k 90 to get the best black and try using max impact to bump saturation on prints that need to be more vibrant. Most of the time with a new material I will try a few different profiles with the same graphic to see which one works best.

Hope this helps!

graphix

I use GCVP for most vinyls and the cast profile for cast materials. I recently used the calandered wrap profile for oracal wrap vinyl and it worked great. Make sure you adjust your colors for black to c 80 m 80 y 80 and k 90 to get the best black and try using max impact to bump saturation on prints that need to be more vibrant. Most of the time with a new material I will try a few different profiles with the same graphic to see which one works best.

Hope this helps!
hello i am following this thread as well how do you adjust colors for black...is that in versaworks as well?
thanks

denco has the profiles on there site.... but that Aspire sucks.. i got a roll when i got it from scott but now i use oajet 3164