Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP-300V & Banners

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Sign Works, May 8, 2007.

1. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm just kinda wondering how other SP-300V users are handling banner production over the 30" deal. I still do a lot of cut vinyl banners but when the image/layout requires printing I'll print on vinyl (Oracal 3651 or 3640) and apply it to the banner material which is OK until it comes to pricing. If I price it out as a digitally printed banner that's still cheaper than my SQ. FT. price for printed vinyl media without the banner material which dosen't make a whole lot of sence to me so what have the rest of you been doing in this situation. Ya, I know should have got the 54" printer, oh well, live & learn.

Tags:
  2. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    print them in 30" sections, and seal them together

3. Mason

Mason Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2005
    I have the same issue, so I will either sub it out until I get the 54 or seam two pieces together.

4. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    if you can't piece it together
    sub it out banners are cheap

5. fozzyber

fozzyber Member

Dec 1, 2006
    have not delt with digital banners much, Yet...
    How would you put together? Heat, sew, glue, sew???/

6. asignstop

asignstop Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Indiana
    How are you guys seeming these together? hot air banner welder, or tape?

3651 vinyl, and 13oz banner cost about the same per sq foot, buying a banner blank is usally cheaper plus it's sewn and grommeted, so unless you have a full color design w/ a lot of coverage, what your doing now works. I would just charge the full color price.

I have a 30" too. What do you guys think of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Banner-Welder-H...ryZ11774QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Fellers added a 3k banner welder in their catalog looks similar... Can I weld the edges instead of using tape?

7. fozzyber

fozzyber Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Hmmmm, Must be a Jim Jones cult secret...
    I would think heat would destroy the ink...