• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540 overspray

kmajid

Would anyone happen to know why overspray would occur? I am seeing red on the edges of a lot of prints. It's not very strong or visible but it's definitely there. Any idea what would cause this or how i can fix it? Thanks.

petepaz

A cleaning, or slow print speed down or head alignment
+1
usually the cleaning will clear that up, if the auto cleaning doesn't work try the manual. sometimes dust or fuzz can get on or around the print head area and cause that

kmajid

We clean it pretty frequently and that hasn't helped. How can i slow the print speed down and regarding the head alignment, is that something in the setting or something i physically have to do? I'm pretty sure it started when we got a tech in here to replace our black print head, related you think?

sfr table hockey

In your other thread you said the printer was frozen for a few days. I would think that things will expand and contract enough to throw allignments out of wack. The tech should have done all the test prints and allignments even without replacing the head. IF he did not do all these tests, did he set the head rank number for the new head. If you can get into the service menu there should be a bunch of test prints for the allignment. Before he left he should have shown how it was printing to see if things were set up ok again.

kmajid

The printer seemed fine when we did the test prints and the overspray only happens randomly. We manually clean the printer at least once a week.

Ivanhoe_pl

Can You say anything more about printing conditions? Head speed, head height, humidity in the room, temepature etc.?

macmedia

When was the last time you changed the damper? If the damper is semi-clogged, it is restricting ink flow to the head and ink will spray out deflected rather than straight out.

Kent
Mac Media USA, Inc.
Chester, NY 10918 USA
www.macmedia.com