Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP-540i - Heater issue? Prints very inconsistent

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by LNorton, Oct 24, 2018.

1. LNorton

LNorton New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I've had some prints look blotchy from time to time. Figured it was a profile issue, so I did some playing with that today and realized it's only happening on one end of the print. When you put a heat gun on the heated areas of the machine we are 53c on the right and 40c on the left. The blotchyness is only on the cooler side. Those temps are on the dryer, but the print heater is the same way.

Totally lost on what is causing this.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. ron_digitalsigntech

ron_digitalsigntech New Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    Sounds like the heating elements on your printer may be damaged. The heating element is a long strip that should have consistent temperature from Right to Left. Recommend getting a tech to service to check it for your or if you feel comfortable, you should be able to fix it or replace it yourself.

Also recommend checking the fuses as they may be damaged.

Regards,

3. LNorton

LNorton New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Virginia
    All 4 heating elements heat up. I'll check the fuses, never thought of that. Isn't a problem to change them myself. Did a head on my own a few months ago.

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    If your thermistor is failing it won't read the temp correctly and will think it's up to the proper heat when it's really not.

• Like Like x 1