• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540i - Heater issue? Prints very inconsistent

LNorton

I've had some prints look blotchy from time to time. Figured it was a profile issue, so I did some playing with that today and realized it's only happening on one end of the print. When you put a heat gun on the heated areas of the machine we are 53c on the right and 40c on the left. The blotchyness is only on the cooler side. Those temps are on the dryer, but the print heater is the same way.

Totally lost on what is causing this.

Attachments

• sp540i-blotchy.jpg
    sp540i-blotchy.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 145
Sounds like the heating elements on your printer may be damaged. The heating element is a long strip that should have consistent temperature from Right to Left. Recommend getting a tech to service to check it for your or if you feel comfortable, you should be able to fix it or replace it yourself.

Also recommend checking the fuses as they may be damaged.

Regards,

LNorton

Sounds like the heating elements on your printer may be damaged. The heating element is a long strip that should have consistent temperature from Right to Left. Recommend getting a tech to service to check it for your or if you feel comfortable, you should be able to fix it or replace it yourself.

Also recommend checking the fuses as they may be damaged.

Regards,

All 4 heating elements heat up. I'll check the fuses, never thought of that. Isn't a problem to change them myself. Did a head on my own a few months ago.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If your thermistor is failing it won't read the temp correctly and will think it's up to the proper heat when it's really not.