• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp 540v not connected

bobmaggio

I searched the forums and could not find an answer so while I am waiting for the tech to call I will ask here
versaworks tells me printer is not connected when I check printer status and printer settings all the info is there EXCEPT for firmware version, on both screens that is blank (printer had been working fine prior to this)

I unplugged and rebooted everything no change
I unplugged printer from the computer and plugged it into my old computer running same version of versaworks and printer is connected and works fine. Printer status and printer settings show all info including firmware version

The only thing that has changed is that I networked the 2 computers together via wireless router but I only use the printer on the one that is is plugged into

Any help would be appreciated
If I solve in the meantime I will post the fix and save someone else the headaches

bobmaggio

Thank you, I could see the ip address and the computer could see the printer but still not connected.
Now repeat after me "KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID" 10 TIMES
Windows 7 in its infinite wisdom decided that it would disable the network adapter for whatever reason. Which is the first or at least the second or third place I should have looked before I wasted my and others time.
:Oops: