• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300 clogged head

graphix

You should find your closest Roland dealer and buy your caps and wipers.

Ok thanks everyone that committed. ..I found trigon imagining in mil ford ohio ordered caps sponges wipers wiper scraper...I'll try head soak and cleaning. ....they priced new head around 1125 and install around 500....2 hr road trip...hopefully head cleaning will help...

jeff412

What would cause light banding?

The missing nozzles and deflections will both cause the light banding. It will appear as thin stripes in the black or dark prints. The deflections will also cause a fuzzy appearance to fine details.

Jeff

graphix

I bought and used a head cleaning kit consisting of syringe and damper and used it unsuccessfully. In fact, it clogged the head completely. I can only guess there was debris inside of the manifold and the cleaning solution dislodged it. Wound up replacing the head myself. It's not terribly difficult but can be a challenge.

Today I changed another head. There is a warning about "be sure the carriage LED is off before pulling out the lead(s) to the old head." I boogered that up and now I've got a can of worms. 1. The warning comes after the instruction. 2. I couldn't see the LED to know whether it was off or on. 3. The first time I changed a head I believe I powered down completely (being unable to see the LED) but that was some time ago and I failed to do it all correctly this time.
The LED is on the very top of my XC-540 carriage and one must step back or bend down to see it. The instructions don't warn of what will happen or how to fix it if removing the lead with the light on. Will do an overnight reboot and hope that fixes it. It was the CYAN print head and now it's out of control with heavy ink during print test and prints solid horizontal lines during normal printing.

Thanks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
That warning about the LED on the board above the head is the same as on Mimaki's. The warning is not terribly prominent since they do not expect end users to be replacing the print heads (a tech will already know to wait). On Mimaki there is no LED that you wait to go out though. You unplug the power to the machine and let it sit for 15 minutes before unplugging anything. There are several good sized capacitors that hold a 42v charge and it takes about 10 to 15 minutes for the voltage to totally dissipate. Pulling any internal cable while there is still transient voltage in the system can cause permanent damage to the head slider board, heads, and/or the mainboard....

Many of these machines are all very similar in many respects in that they use the same Epson printheads and therefore the same types of control circuits.

graphix

banding

Test printed in High speed and high quality...thoughts?thanks

Attachments

• 2016-07-05 18.33.45.jpg
    2016-07-05 18.33.45.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 2016-07-05 18.34.34.jpg
    2016-07-05 18.34.34.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 174

graphix

Just get the new caps and wipers, do a head soak for an hour, then a couple of regular cleans. Let sit for a day or two, repeat. The last thing you want to do is keep cleaning and pulling for hours and hours. It seems to always make things worse...

Ok I just replaced caps,sponges,wipers,wiper scraper, did a head soak for a couple hrs,did a test print,did not help..letting it sit a couple days and gonna do another head soak...

graphix

Player...thanks I have tried and tried to unclog but with no luck....I am undecided to get a new print head and try it myself or sale machine as is.....thanks...