• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300 contour cutting way off

sneakers

I have cut many decals in the past on my Roland SP300 with no problem. Today I printed some decals and cut them but the first row cut was .125 off to the left. The next rows cut about .375 off to the left and the following rows cut .678 off to the left. I checked the print cut test and the scan cut is consistently off more than .6 to the left. I tried making adjustments but no matter how much I add to the scan adjustment nothing changes. I need some ideas to try to fix this.
Thanks
Gary

CS-SignSupply

ENV Match first

Set the Print/Cut Adjust to 0.00 on feed and scan.

Run the Print/Cut Test 2 where it prints the small squares on the right, middle and left.

Then make adjustments.

Mosh

check your pinch rollers, I had one go bad that messed stuff up. Or one time I had the media stop on the rollers under the media on one side....that took an hour of my life to figure out (STUPID)

rjssigns

check your pinch rollers, I had one go bad that messed stuff up. Or one time I had the media stop on the rollers under the media on one side....that took an hour of my life to figure out (STUPID)

This^^^^

Another thing I learned is to adjust the nip tension. My SP540V was cutting all over the place until I adjusted how hard the pinch rollers push down on the media.

sneakers

Thanks for the replies. I did the env. setup and when I did the print cut setup the feed was dead on but the scan was off to the left by .6 of an inch and I tried to adjust but nothing changed. What does the encoder strip and sensor do and can this cause this problem? As far as the pinch rollers go they look good and the media is not skewing. Any other things to check?

cajun312

Thanks for the replies. I did the env. setup and when I did the print cut setup the feed was dead on but the scan was off to the left by .6 of an inch and I tried to adjust but nothing changed. What does the encoder strip and sensor do and can this cause this problem? As far as the pinch rollers go they look good and the media is not skewing. Any other things to check?

this is the way my tech told me to adjust the cutting and it worked for me.

How to manually adjust print and cut issues

Environmental Match
1 – press menu
2 – press down arrow several times until you see environmental match
3 – press menu – THE MACHINE MUST NOT HAVE ANY MEDIA LOADED

Auto print cut Adjust
1 – press menu
2 – press down arrow key until you see print-cut adj – press right arrow key
3 – press down arrow key until you see AUTO – press enter
4 – when the screen says completed press enter and then menu
Then design a row of 1”x1” square in illustrator and put a cut line as the stroke with no offset.
Open this in versaworks and double click on the image. You can blow it up to check and make
sure the cut like looks correct on screen. If so then go ahead and print and cut the job.
If the image is still off then:

To fix TOP TO BOTTOM issues
1 – press menu
3 – press down arrow key until you see FEED press right arrow key. Use the up and down arrow
to make changes to the number to move the cut line UP AND DOWN. If you want to move the
cut line UP change the value to a lower (or negative) number. If you want to move the cut DOWN
change the value to a higher (or positive) number.
Press enter to accept those changes and reprint and cut the job. If the setting were to much or
not enough adjust the value (don’t forget to press enter to save the changes.
If the cut line is fine TOP TO BOTTOM then ignore this step ---- note, if the cut line is going the
wrong way change the values the other direction for example if it was at 0 and you enter 0.1 and
the cut even farther the wrong way change that 0.1 to a -0.1.
To fix LEFT TO RIGHT issues
1 – press menu
3 – press down arrow key until you see SCAN press right arrow key. Use the up and down
arrow to make changes to the number to move the cut line LEFT AND RIGHT. If you want to
move the cut line LEFT change the value to a lower (or negative) number. If you want to move
the cut RIGHT change the value to a higher (or positive) number.
Press enter to accept those changes and reprint and cut the job. If the setting were to much or
not enough adjust the value (don’t forget to press enter to save the changes.
If the cut line is fine LEFT TO RIGHT then ignore this step ---- note if the cut line is going the
wrong way change the values the other direction for example if it was at 0 and you enter 0.1 and
the cut even farther the wrong way change that 0.1 to a -0.1.
This last step will correct any issues with that squares print and cut. If there are issues with the
size of the cut not matching the size of the print let us know.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If env match didn't work you will need to run the encoder setup and calibration in service mode. I have run into this problem before and that has always done the trick.

sneakers

Thank you all for the help. I tried all of the options offered and I cleaned the encoder strip. I blew out the printer of old dust and hairy things. I finally got my decals printed and cut perfectly.
Thanks again.

DoubleDiamond

I found that too much force does it... so I put in a new blade and less force and it cuts much much better. This seems to be true also because laminated was more of a problem and cheaper blades are too, so better newer blades and horizontally no more than 4' if possible works for us.