• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300v and windows 7

Tony McD

I got a new windows 7 x64 computer in January.
The last machine was running windows xp.
When I wanted to print from corel draw to versaworks I just picked it from the printers list.
My Versaworks has updated to version 4.0.1
I have the original install disc version 2.0

Here's my problem:
Since installing these programs on the windows 7 machine, I have to export the file from corel, and then import the file into versaworks.
While this works fine, I really liked being able to print to versaworks right from corel.

The sp300v printer shows up in the "unspecified devices" section of the printers folder. In the device manager, there is a question mark next it.
If I delete it....it comes back.

Versaworks doesn't show up in the printers folder.
If it was in there, it would probably show up in my corel printer list.

Basically I want to print straight to versaworks from Corel without having to export files.

Thanks

CS-SignSupply

During the install of VW, you should have been prompted to install the 300v Printer driver... if you choose no, what you describe is what happens.

If it did not prompt you, the Windows 7 and VW 2.x could be the issue

To solve the issue, you might need to contact Roland DGA to get an updated 4.x install DVD, then uninstall and reinstall.

Tony McD

Bobby,
I searched Roland's website and can only find a place to download the software...no place to order a dvd.
Called the place I bought the machine from, and they don't have one either, and suggested contacting Roland.
So, I have an e-mail sent off to roland about getting a dvd with the 4.0 software. Hope to hear back from them soon.

amw

Longtime Members
when you load versaworks it asked if you wanted the driver loaded...say yes and it should work. we use win7 64 and have no trouble using our orig. cd that came with the printer.

mtroup

You can order the DVD from Roland, call into tech support and give them your serial number.. They should have some in stock now as they were backordered a few weeks ago. I think it's $25.