• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300V issues.

TonyRumble

OK.. going crazy here. I had magenta ink explode all over my floor and through my cutter. My unit is out of warranty but after several calls to Roland and some local shops I had a vary nice guy help me from a dealler in OH. He said it was my pump and I needed to upgrade it. So he sent me the pump and install kit. I installed everything. no problems there. But there is a firmware upgrade that the Roland Passport papers say I need. So I go to Roland and download the firmware upgrade.. it won't work at all. Gives me stupid errors. I did a test print and the new pump seems to work fine even without the firmware, but the print quality isn't the best i have been. Some lines through the print and some poor quality "pixles" or dots in the print.

Is there a site, PDF, anything that goes through some print adjustments to help me get this thing printing better? any help would rock...

thanks in advance. :thankyou:

TonyRumble

Cant seem to get it to work. It tells me that it does not support HP.. but thats my other small printer. I even tried making the roland the default printer and still no go..

petepaz

i had some issues with the firmware also but luckily it happened while the tech was installing the pump so he cleared it up for me maybe if you give roland a call they can
talk you through any issues
or maybe someone here can help you through it

Mosh

Go to Roland's newly updated website www.Rolanddga.com, support (top right corner of site). Find your printer and use the utility to update the firmware. It's very simple and can be done in the user mode. To access the service mode to change page 12 of the system switch to "1", press the arrows - down - right - left - up (in that order), then press, at the same time, and hold, right - down - left, while pushing the subpower button on the front panel.
Good luck,

TonyRumble

ok.. got it. The company that send me the pump emailed me the file to update through VersaWorks. SWEET.. i did a manual cleaning with the swabs and it seems to work fine. The quality isn't like i think it should be, kinda grainy yet. But much better.. :) thank god..

Did you connect the tubes to the correct side of the pump? Be sure to change the bit setting (page 12 last bit to 1). Update Firmware. And, since you're this far, you may want to replace cap tops if it's been awhile and do a good all over maintenance cleaning.

TonyRumble

Did you connect the tubes to the correct side of the pump? Be sure to change the bit setting (page 12 last bit to 1). Update Firmware. And, since you're this far, you may want to replace cap tops if it's been awhile and do a good all over maintenance cleaning.

I did the firmware, Tubes are correct. since there are only 2 tubes that Y into it, it would be hard to mess up. Bit setting?? where is this?

The pump has a direction arrow (P Pump (waste) and S Suction side - (to the Y you mentioned)...yes, you can mix this up easily. The Bit setting is int the Service Mode... System Switch...arrow to Page 12 (the last bit is "0"..change to "1" ...ENTER.