Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sp540 cut/print waaay off

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Stagecraft, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Had a jam yesterday, Now when I do a print/cut, the cut is off alignment by almost two inches. Have tried the feed - scan adjustments, cleaned the encoder strip, resetting to default values, all to no avail. One other issue I'm finding is if I try to print a graphic and set it to center on the media, it too is substantially off...suggestions?

Tags:
  2. MichaelAlmand

MichaelAlmand Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Canada
    I used to have a sp540, darn things are tough to print, lam and cut. Try turning off the heat setting. Now have a Re640 with a gx640 and I can cut up to 15' spot on. Knock on wood!

I never really had much luck with the sp540

3. Rafael_Tech

Rafael_Tech New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Question...

Does it happen on one side of the material and the it starts to close the gap between print and cut? Or the gap is even along the print?

4. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

While the pinch rollers are down, manually try to lift each one at a time by hand... If you can lift them, the roller assembly may be cracked.

5. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Maybe the shock from being jammed made the wire drive jump "timing"?

6. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Also check to see if your Pinch Roller sensor on the back of the cuthead is still attached properly.

7. Try running a environmental match, sounds weird i know but my dealer told me it re-aligns the head on the encoder strip when it does this.

8. Thanks for the replies! We were in "blind panic" mode as we were stupidly busy and couldn't wait. Called in a tech from Proveer, he showed up thirty minutes after I phoned and had us back up and running in just over an hour.

9. Msrae

Msrae Rae

Mar 6, 2011
    Utah
    Were you able to tell what he did to fix it?

10. scuba_steve2699

scuba_steve2699 Member

Dec 11, 2006
    what did he fix to solve the issue?

11. louisb

louisb New Member

Oct 3, 2012
    would be great to know how he fixed it i have the same problems!

12. Msrae

Msrae Rae

Mar 6, 2011
    Utah
    He said that they were very busy and didn't actually see what the tech did