• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp540 cut/print waaay off

Stagecraft

Had a jam yesterday, Now when I do a print/cut, the cut is off alignment by almost two inches. Have tried the feed - scan adjustments, cleaned the encoder strip, resetting to default values, all to no avail. One other issue I'm finding is if I try to print a graphic and set it to center on the media, it too is substantially off...suggestions?

MichaelAlmand

I used to have a sp540, darn things are tough to print, lam and cut. Try turning off the heat setting. Now have a Re640 with a gx640 and I can cut up to 15' spot on. Knock on wood!

I never really had much luck with the sp540

Rafael_Tech

Question...

Does it happen on one side of the material and the it starts to close the gap between print and cut? Or the gap is even along the print?

CS-SignSupply

While the pinch rollers are down, manually try to lift each one at a time by hand... If you can lift them, the roller assembly may be cracked.

SublimeGraphics

Try running a environmental match, sounds weird i know but my dealer told me it re-aligns the head on the encoder strip when it does this.

Stagecraft

Thanks for the replies! We were in "blind panic" mode as we were stupidly busy and couldn't wait. Called in a tech from Proveer, he showed up thirty minutes after I phoned and had us back up and running in just over an hour.

Msrae

Rae
Thanks for the replies! We were in "blind panic" mode as we were stupidly busy and couldn't wait. Called in a tech from Proveer, he showed up thirty minutes after I phoned and had us back up and running in just over an hour.

Were you able to tell what he did to fix it?