Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPELL ASSIST

Discussion in 'Corel' started by geb, Oct 23, 2003.

1. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Maybe someone can help me solve a Corel 9 question. When I type a word of text, hit the space bar to type another word, this annoying little box keeps popping up saying cannot initialize spell assist. Anyone know how to fix it so this box doesn't keep interupting my typing of text? Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    turn off type assist,,

tools options test ,,uncheck
    type assist

-- techman

3. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Thanks for responding Techman. I tried the tools-options-text, and click on the word type assist. There is no box to check or uncheck type assist that I can see. When I chicked on the word type assist, there are five boxes, all were checked, I unchecked them all, but I still receive the box cannot initialize spell assist after the first word of text is typed. I don't see an area to uncheck type assist in these areas. Am I overlooking something? Thanks again for the help.

4. giantsfan1951

giantsfan1951 Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Have u tried reloading Corel.... If i'm reading what your saying correctly, it sounds like a bad file in your corel setup and a reload may fix it for you.

5. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    I think somewhere along the line, I clicked something I shouldn't have, I have the same program loaded at home and it doesn't have that problem. Also at work I have signtools software, but don't at home, in getting the software loaded at work I started clicking a lot of things I probably shouldn't have. When things slow down, I'll try the reload.
    Although I'm not a giant fan, living here in NY, I like to see them do good. They seem to have good "even # years", but the odd # years give them trouble. Maybe they'll still pull it out, but a few key injuries(Shockey), that hurts. Hang in there John, thanks for the help.

George