• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sprinter wrap removal?

petepaz

i have a broker who i do a lot of work for and one of there customers who i have done some small wrap projects for in the past has a sprinter they want to re-wrap.
anyway anyone ever remove a wrap from a sprinter just trying to get a rough idea about how long it might take? i know the age/how long it's been on there and the weathering play in to that. but i can't even guess what to quote on this one. i don't want to do it but since it's a good customer i have to at least quote it and see where it goes.
i can't imagine this one will be any fun at all

Bigdawg

Just Me
There are too many variables. Like how much primer did they use in the grooves and what material the wrap is made from. We stripped one and it took about half a day - but we had wrapped it too, so we knew what we were in for. The wrap had been on for about a year.

Have you seen the graphics you are going to remove? How much coverage - full? Partial?

petepaz

i drove by it when i did some other work for them and they keep it outside. it was in pretty good shape they just want to change the graphics. also it is full coverage
i would think i have to figure a weekend for removal and cleaning
i will have to charge enough so while i am standing in the garage cursing and throwing stuff it will be worht it...haha

jfiscus

Rap Master
Can you quote it as hourly labor? With a maximum hour cap. If it comes in less time, then the difference is applied towards the new wrap.

petepaz

i thought about that and that's what i might offer just to be on the safe side
fortunately if i don't get this job i will be ok but since it's a regular customer i can't not quote it.
thanks for the input folks
at least i have rough idea where i am at

acothran

I removed a wrap on a high top Nissan NV (about the same size as a Sprinter) but the wrap was only on for about 2 weeks (promo for hockey playoffs). It probably took two guys an hour and a half to remove the wrap but took those same two guys about 2-3 hours just to remove the Primer 94 and adhesive stuck to it.

ProWraps

and patience.

its not too bad. just spray it on. keep the side you are working on out of the sun so the remover doesnt dry up. let the adhesive soak up the rapid remover. you can see it actually puff up as it absorbs it. a quick thumb nail test will tell you when its ready.

then blow it off with a pressure washer. MAKE SURE to blow it all off DOWN off the vehicle. if you scatter it all over the vehicle, it will reharden in small chunks everywhere and will be a major PITA.

petepaz

I just wrapped a sprinter over the weekend. I hope I never see it again. ha-ha.

i haven't done a full wrap on a sprinter yet only partials but i have had to work around the channels where the windows would be and i don't like it not one bit. in the past i cut that area and inlay an extra piece so it doesn't pop back out like when you just stretch it in there but i let the customer know a head of time and have had no problems