• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S'Rex's son

SignosaurusRex

Well.....the long term prognosis was pretty scary. We got both, the best and worst case scenarios. Neither is very palatable to say the least. To put it simply, Kyle is stable yet still in an un-induced coma. It's going to be a long tough road ahead. Everything that can be done for him in ICU at this point has been done. Now it's a matter of time waiting for him to come out of the coma and plan the next course of action. Tomorrow they will remove the ventilator and install a tracheal breathing tube and a feeding tube. The next step is to find a space in Acute Care somewhere and wait. Fortunately he is young, strong, healthy and his system only needs to work toward healing the brain rather than the brain and body simultaneously. His vital signs are good and he is fighting. My perspective says that while in his current state, he is resting and healing. Everyone is different and recovery from the type of trauma he received is greatly varied. I believe in positive thinking and faith that he will recover. Time, Patience, Faith and Positive Thinking.

Thank you all so very much for your well wishes and prayers. I will post updates as able.
Hug your loved ones daily!

signage

Hopefully this is just a way for him to heal faster and not be reminded of the accident!
Best of luck for Cheryl ansd yourself along with the rest of your family, prayors for Kyle still going strong.

jdb

First I've heard of this Brian. Very sorry to hear of this. Your family is in my prayers.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

He has youth on his side and that is a powerful factor. I've heard of similar stories with even worse injuries where a full recovery was made. When his body shifts into recovery gear his improvement will amaze you... I truly believe that. Until then, my prayers to Jehova Rapha will not cease.

iSign

my prayers will not cease either Brian, I feel only the tip of the iceberg of how immense the emotions must be to have a child in a coma... I pray for strength for you and Cheryl too... you are both very strong, stable & positive people, but to be tested so... stay strong you guys... and thanks for letting us know where things are with Kyle, while we pray for him!

GypsyGraphics

He has youth on his side and that is a powerful factor. I've heard of similar stories with even worse injuries where a full recovery was made. When his body shifts into recovery gear his improvement will amaze you... I truly believe that.

believe it brian

i can attest to that... my little sister, at age 12, was in a horrible accident, with a serious head injury, amongst other injures and not expected to live. she was in a full coma for 3 weeks, semi coma for 3 months (semi-coma, what a strange thing that was). even after a year in the hospital, she came home in a full body cast. a really tough couple of years for the whole family....

got an email from her yesterday... she's having party to celebrate her second son's graduation from the military police academy. she's so cute, just bursting with pride.

Mike F

I have an aunt that was in a really bad accident while working for FedEx, she was going through an intersection and a van blew a stop sign and plowed into her. Pretty much ripped her truck in half, and somehow she got thrown from the truck and landed on the side of the road up against a curb. They had to take out pieces of her skull because of the swelling in her brain, and she was in a coma for a month. Took her another few months to really get back to talking and walking and whatnot. This was about 2 and a half years ago, last I heard she's still going to physical therapy but she's as feisty as ever, and she was 40+ years old. As young as your son is, I think he'll pull through, especially if he's making movements on his own and responding to the doctors this soon. His brain is basically rebooting right now, and it's going to take awhile, but hang in there, before you know it he'll be up and moving around.

Grasshopper

Hey All,

I flew up to Seattle from New Mexico the day after Kyle’s accident to be with Brian, Cheryl and the family. It is nice to read your words of support during this though time. Thank as well for sharing your stories. As you all know Brian nearly lives on the forum between jobs and on his free time. Some of you have been like an extended family. I know it has been an added support for my brother knowing that your prayers, concerns and thought are with Kyle. Kyle’s condition the last couple days has improved a fair amount and while it is exciting to see he is still not yet out of the woods.

His head is still swollen but this is diminishing daily. His characteristic rosy cheeks are returning and his overall color is improving. He is in and out of deep sleep frequently but is also fighting to be present although it tires him quickly. He has started opening his eyes for short periods looking around and locking eyes with us. He is moving the left side of his body quite a bit and as the nurses will attest to “been moving around all over the bed”. He is now also frequently holding our hands firmly between attempts to pull out his tubes. Due to the trauma to his brain and strokes his right side is the major concern and will likely take to longest to heal. However, it appears to also be improving with small movements in his shoulder, hand and leg before getting too tired. We have also seen a few small smiles as well. He about drove us all out of the room with a good potent fart and as we all began commenting on this the corners of his mouth raised, his eyes opened wide and were bright with laughter to match ours.

With these improvements staff decided that Kyle was ready to be moved out of ICU to ACU. The marathon is still just in the early stages and as the doctors and nurses faze out over time family and friends will be needed more than ever.

Kyle, Brian, Cheryl and the family have a great deal of work ahead so please continue to keep them in your prayers, thoughts, good vibes, whatever you do. Keep it up until Kyle is out of the woods.

Thanks again.

With maximum respect,

Lael Grant
aka Grasshopper.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My Mom always said, don't pass gas in public. :noway:

To now think this is a sign [yeah, a pun] for someone to be coming into the world again... is just too much. I always knew farts were a good thing....... :thumb:
Great news there, Lael. To hear these words about someone so young and so close... is just a real relief.​
It was good talking to you the other night. Someday, we all have to get together.

He's still in our prayers and thoughts.... all the time. :wink: