• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Started noticing some lines on prints

splizaat

We run everything 0-0-0-100 and let versaworks handle it (print as MAX IMPACT) and it's solid everytime. We don't use anything but.

J

john1

Yeah banding is still a bit evident with blacks. You said you tuned your blacks? What worked for you to decrease the banding.

I did a bi-directional calibration and it helped the banding like crazy. For me, banding can be changed by the print heat (mines 112) and the bi-directional setting i have. I think -2 on the bi-directional worked for me good.

I'm gonna try the MAX IMPACT setting, What exactly does it do?

tomence

I'm gonna try the MAX IMPACT setting, What exactly does it do?

It lays down a lot more ink which is not necessary. Custom profiles is what you all need, have somebody make a custom profile for you and you will see the difference. Roland's profiles are made on their own media so that's why sometimes they don't work when using different brands of media.

J

john1

I'm using the profiles for the media i print on, Just was seeing what more fine tuning i could get. I have seen those options just never knew what they meant.

splizaat

Max impact makes all your colors pop more and much brighter. the only thing we ever print on pre press is photos.