• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Starting new creative adventure (project)

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Handpaint a Kraken on a flat sheet of paper/cloth, with the template/body lines of the truck laid down first. (canvas would look awesome imo.)
Get your hands on a professional photo rig, and take close up photos of the work, moving down the line. Maybe 4 or 5 from a distance of ~3' away.

Theres a really good chance that a digital artist can stitch the images together, while retaining the lighting effects and texture of hand paint. Can also flip the image for the other side.

Once you have the file - print and trim vinyl, apply.

AkKaren

Excellent advice, I have been doing pretty much all of what you suggested. I decided to have the design printed... (no paint!) and watching lots of videos. The design I have in mind is only going to be on the side of the vehicle and not an entire wrap. So, it shouldn’t be quite as daunting. I have another vehicle that needs “dressing up”... so I might practice with some small design applications on that one. Thank you so much for taking the time to cover all that you did. It is invaluable!