• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

static cling profile for latex printing

petepaz

we have two HP 560 latex printers and 90% or the time we run backlit material on there which is great but that business has slowed and trying to feed some other work through the printers.
just wondering if anyone with similar printers have had luck printing static cling and what profiles you are using
thanks

depps74

I use static cling on my 315. I renamed the profile so I forget which one I am using and where it came from. However just a note on static cling is that it spoils quick. Prints can get spotty, so wipe with rub alcohol if its been sitting around. Otherwise great stuff to work with,

Inks

Cling has a short shelf life, does not like excessive heat as it causes plasticizer migration. That migration is what causes the spotty print or the ink not to wet out on the surface.

karst41

we have two HP 560 latex printers and 90% or the time we run backlit material on there which is great but that business has slowed and trying to feed some other work through the printers.
just wondering if anyone with similar printers have had luck printing static cling and what profiles you are using
thanks
When really slow I run this Print Once a day.. I load a roll of cheapy throwaway vinyl like expired IJ 35 or something like that
If You get nozzle drop out it usually starts clearing during the last inch
If it is improving printing it twice will knock it out. If not seeing major improvement
Pull the head and clean it Usually I find that can create more problems.
Iam in Atlanta and Summer Heat is the enemy when slow. We are comming into the Dog days
and I will do a morning print and then end of day if printer is idle.

I hope this helps, and No Color Correction

During the peak of the Virus I printed out a full roll of this. I was shocked to see how little ink was used.

Cheers

Attachments

• HP560 Ink Flow.pdf
    150 KB · Views: 151

MHester

I have a HP335 and have used Grimco's Briteline IM3208 in the past for COVID signs I made. They're still holding up pretty good, clings are posted on my outer glass building doors.