• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stencil on painted concrete

d fleming

Aluminum composite material, or acrylic comp material, as well as about a hundred other names depending on who is selling it.

Billct2

Yes, for a graphic that size it may be simpilest to have it printed and router cut on a sheet of material that is thin enough to bend to the curve.

3Dsigns

The first problem with that, is my router only cuts about 50'' wide and this thing is to be over 60''. The next thing is, how would you gluie it to the concrete tower? Gorilla Glue? Liquid Nails?

Billct2

Like Gino showed, put a "balloon" shape around it, easily cut with a jigsaw. To attached use a combination of concrete fasteners and adhesive.

3Dsigns

Duh, I've been running that router so long, that I momentarily forgot what I cut my teeth on, I have used my Porter Cable oscillating sabre saw like forever. Yeah that would work.
But a sample just arrived, about an hour ago, of some new "U-blast" high tack sandblast stencil and It's very thin and conformable. I just tried it on a piece of bare concrete block and it sticks very well. Well enough to use as a mask. I think we will be going that route. Thanks!