• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple's CEO

SignBurst PCs

I agree completely. All the best and good luck with your fight!

I have been fortunate and survived my battle with cancer. I wish him the same.

CES020

I heard some numbers on him yesterday and if you look at his record, he's probably one of the most amazing business figures in modern day.

His company employs 50,000 people and is growing at 60% per year. Last week, for a brief time, they became the company worth the most money in the USA.

For anyone to take a company that was in the shape Apple was when he took it back over, and take that company, in about 10 years, from almost out of business to being the company with the highest market capitalization in the USA is a feat I don't think we'll see repeated in our lifetime.

His vision revolutionized the music industry, the phone business, computers, and a number of other sectors.

To me, I think he's the Henry Ford or Thomas Edison of my generation.

Brilliant, brilliant guy.

It's very sad to know the reasons he's stepping aside. Such a young guy with such clarity in his vision, and to be heading down the road he is, is really sad.

Hopefully he can get through it all and live decades longer.

WildWestDesigns

I agree completely. All the best and good luck with your fight!

I have been fortunate and survived my battle with cancer. I wish him the same.

My dad is also a cancer survivor, so from an outsider with a close connection to it, I can appreciate him needing to step aside and take care of himself and enjoy life.

GypsyGraphics

I really like his resignation as CEO letter (posted on the Apple site) and how he asks to remain an Apple employee. If he becomes Chairman of the Board, i wonder if his $1.00 a year salary (since '98) will take a hit.
Letter from Steve Jobs

The government could take some pointers from Apple.... for example...
Top Apple executives, including Jobs, are employed at will, without severance or employment agreements, tax reimbursements or supplemental retirement benefits. The company also does not provide perks to the executives other than those available to non-executive employees.

Kyle Blue

I really like his resignation as CEO letter (posted on the Apple site) and how he asks to remain an Apple employee. If he becomes Chairman of the Board, i wonder if his $1.00 a year salary will take a hit.
Letter from Steve Jobs

I liked his letter too. They did say he will be Chariman of the Board, so he'll still be around. But in a limited capacity. Which is good, because he can focus on staying healthy and being with his family.

iSign

that is a classy letter... never really knew these various factoids... but the guy has has earned a lot of respect!

SignBurst PCs

Better still that you came out ok.

I agree. I was very fortunate. It was 12 years ago and I was a young pup (23). I was 6 years into an ARMY enlistment and hadn't even started my REAL life yet. At the time, the doctors believed that I would not be able to have children after the treatment and I was OK with that being young and dumb, that wasn't a big deal to me. Imagine my surprise when my wife told me she was pregnant and nine months later we had a baby girl.

She is 9 years old now and is the meaning of my life. Just looking at her reminds me how lucky I am.

Good luck Steve. I hope you have many more years with your "meaning of life", whatever that may be.