• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sticker production question.

what the

Owner/op
I have a Roland Eco-solvent primer/cutter..i'm moving into a job for a good customer to make a lot of print/cut stickers. I need some guideance in the material to use as I normally don't produce stickers.
I tried intermediate vinyl w/out lam and it rolls up like a fruit roll up on the edges when weeding out. I want an "option" to laminate these instead of "having to" ..looking at stickers all over the place and they seem to have a different texture...thicker material (gloss or Matte option.)
What is the standard production of material used...A few options of material type is an ideal answer I'm looking for.
Thanks for your help in advance!
Amber

Speedsterbeast

You have to either let the print cure before contour cutting or leave a 1/2" unprinted border around the printed area to avoid the edge curl you are reffering to.
I use Oracal 3651 and almost always laminate with 210. Matte looks better in my opinion.

what the

Owner/op
Sticker

You have to either let the print cure before contour cutting or leave a 1/2" unprinted border around the printed area to avoid the edge curl you are reffering to.
I use Oracal 3651 and almost always laminate with 210. Matte looks better in my opinion.[/QUOTE
co

Cool, thanks! Is there by any chance a thicker material for this too? Paper- top style you have ever used?

BrianX

Thicker Stock

Sign Warehouse has a 6mil matte white vinyl that works really well where the thinner stock will curl and stick to itself.

Mosh

Stickers are paper with adhesive on the back...those machines are made to print vinyl graphics....laminating is NOT an option for a full bleed print/cut on and vinyl film.

anotherdog

Stickers are paper with adhesive on the back...those machines are made to print vinyl graphics....laminating is NOT an option for a full bleed print/cut on and vinyl film.

Huh?

Laminating is an option for stickers (or decals or whatever you want to call them).
Most of the time I do not laminate, however for longer life and premium jobs I will laminate.

I can also bleed off the edge of a cut without laminating, but as above, either firnd a thicker vinyl or let it stand as long as you possibly can before cutting. Whether you call it outgassing or not, the edges can lift and curl if you cut right away,
especially the smaller decals.

I have a roland so I can use the printcutperf option to create sheets of stickers or cut wide on the backing paper for premium ones.

That all said, if the quantity is high enough I outsource.

Bigcat_hunter

I use Orajet 3640 gloss for the majority of designs we sell. It is cheap but holds up well for a $3.00 sticker. If we laminate them we use 210. The 3640 seems to be thick enough to apply easy, laminated they are super easy to apply.