• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Still doing some stuff 'Old School'

SignosaurusRex

For the 'Old School' crowd here still slinging paint... Last (2) 'Hand-Lettered' signs of the year 2017.
All 1-Shot lettering enamel on Alupanel®.

Attachments

• NisquallyAutoWreckingPhoto1.jpg
    NisquallyAutoWreckingPhoto1.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 709

sardocs

That is really nicely done. Did you just lightly stabillo a few rough guide lines on the panel before dipping your brush or did you computer generate a pattern? I gotta break out my brushes and revisit my "old school" more this year.

IND Digital Dept.

@industryprintshop
For the 'Old School' crowd here still slinging paint... Last (2) 'Hand-Lettered' signs of the year 2017.
All 1-Shot lettering enamel on Alupanel®.
Really beautiful work! Has good flow and a nice color pallet. Only thing I could critique on is the drop shadows on "Wrecking"... With that wave in the text, it seems like the drop shadow should be on the Left side of the letters but just my two cents :D

SignosaurusRex

That is really nicely done. Did you just lightly stabillo a few rough guide lines on the panel before dipping your brush or did you computer generate a pattern? .....

Seeing as how there are two signs and possibly two more come spring, I made a simple computer generated pattern.

SignosaurusRex

Very nice, :) Is all of the smaller lettering, single stroke? If so, super nice job!!!
Thank you, No, I would have had to use a flat and that wouldn't have given enough smooth coverage. I used a #20 Brown Quill to obtain good coverage without a second coat on the Dark Blue. The Yellow over Dark Red was a first coat of White with a dash of Silver added and then a second coat of Chrome Yellow lightened up with white.

Johnny Best

Thank you, No, I would have had to use a flat and that wouldn't have given enough smooth coverage. I used a #20 Brown Quill to obtain good coverage without a second coat on the Dark Blue. The Yellow over Dark Red was a first coat of White with a dash of Silver added and then a second coat of Chrome Yellow lightened up with white.

I am sure you had a good reason but why didn't you just cut in the red around the yellow copy on that bottom copy. Is it because of the brush strokes showing up to much?
Don't take it wrong on my question, the sign came out beautiful the way you did it.

SignosaurusRex

I am sure you had a good reason but why didn't you just cut in the red around the yellow copy on that bottom copy. Is it because of the brush strokes showing up to much?
Don't take it wrong on my question, the sign came out beautiful the way you did it.

That would have taken much more brush work and time. Red doesn't cover worth a crap when brushed and it wouldn't have looked as clean.