• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Still having problems with yellow.

ahollow

You can always clean the pads with some solvent cleaning fluid, and dry between two towels.

Just replace the pads and get back to printing.

midnightmadman

Are you using Lava Inks ?

No, I am using Mutoh inks. But I think Flame used the lava inks in it before I bought it. Not sure what was replaced after the ink was put in.. I think the capping station, dampers and the pump only. I think the lines were all the same from when he had lava ink in them.

Could it still be in the lines and contaminating stuff?

midnightmadman

Ok fellas. I just changed the pads on the capping station to some nice ones.
I have a full set of cleaning cartridges. should I run a complete cleaning before I do anything, or will it not make a difference?

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
The head contamination is mostly from not using it enough to clear the area around the separate colors of other colors in the cleaning station.

A printer that is under used is going to give you a lot of problems.

midnightmadman

I spoke to victor from cmykparts and he sugested I put all new full in cartridges in. So I am waiting for the two light colors that are on order.
SO once I start will all equal ink he thinks the problem with the yellow and lt cyan will be resolved.