• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Still having problems with yellow.

midnightmadman

I cant figure it out.. I get a clean yellow only if I do a cleaning.
Then if I print right away I will get nice yellow.
If I do another print within the next 5 min I get the mix of a greenish with the yellow again! Only for the first 1 - 2" of the print, then it goes back to perfect yellow as it should....
HELP ME please
Thanks

Techman

u obviously got some blue leaking into the yellow somehow.. Is the head clean? IS the wiper wiping good?

midnightmadman

Looks worse then before.. now they all seem to be mixed up!
Whats going on with this machine
After a cleaning its perfect but once it sits for a few min.. this is what I get!

FLAME replaced the capping station so it shouldnt be that!? An I installed two BRAND new heads!
Could the heads be defective by any chance?
Just a theory, and I don't know enough about these printers yet to even know if Im on track,
It almost looks like the problem is with the lt cyan and the lt magena? - Before I bought it from flame he didnt use it as a 6 color and those inks weren't used... the two cartridges were almost full.. compared to the rest that are close to empty... could that have anything to do with it?
Also, the lt inks are eco plus and the other 4 are eco-ultra...

Im very discuraged.. this thing has been nothing but a headache for a month now

nozzelcheck2.jpg

Last edited:

Jackpine

Your inks should all be Ultra. The inks are not compatible with each other. When Mutoh had the conversion the printer had to have a head wash and a solvent resistant tube I believe replaced on the cap or pump and a better wiper. I never heard of converting a 6 color Falcon to a 4 color. Not saying you couldn't.

ahollow

If the sponges in the capping station are touching the heads, the ink can cross between colors within the same head, especially if one cartridge is full and the other empty.

Take a look at the color of the ink in your dampers. Each one should be pure in color to its ink cart.

I believe you will find the sponges are swelled and touching the heads, that is why the contamination after sitting for a few minutes; that and the full vs empty neighboring color carts.

midnightmadman

Son of a B
Now what do I do. Do you think thats the problem?
So your saying when I started printing with the lt colors thats what is screwing things up?
Should I buy two light colors in eco ultra and see if that fixes it!?
Anyone else think that is what is wrong?

Your inks should all be Ultra. The inks are not compatible with each other. When Mutoh had the conversion the printer had to have a head wash and a solvent resistant tube I believe replaced on the cap or pump and a better wiper. I never heard of converting a 6 color Falcon to a 4 color. Not saying you couldn't.

midnightmadman

If the sponges in the capping station are touching the heads, the ink can cross between colors within the same head, especially if one cartridge is full and the other empty.

Take a look at the color of the ink in your dampers. Each one should be pure in color to its ink cart.

I believe you will find the sponges are swelled and touching the heads, that is why the contamination after sitting for a few minutes; that and the full vs empty neighboring color carts.

Ok both capping stations look soapping wet. The one on the left is dark purple and the one on the right is darkgreen/black
The capping station was brand new, so why would this have happened?

cappingstation2.jpg

Flame

Are you having ink transfer over to the waste ink bottle? Is the waste ink bottle getting filled at all or is it bone dry? Could be a clog in the lines, or a snipped line by the capping station. Unlikely, but possible.

As far as the 4 color vs. 6 color, I just setup the RIP to only run 4 colors, not the 6. Nothings been done to the machine.

midnightmadman

The girl from sign warehouse emailed me that using the two inks together -(plus) and (Ultra) - will ruin the printer!
is that true flame? You never told me the light colors were different type of ink. I would have replaced them if I new they could cause harm.. now what?
I also just looked and see they expired in sept. 07 also

Its strange because it prints good after a cleaning..so this doesnt make sense.

Flame

She's full of balogna. I ran 2 different inks together for a month... never an issue. This was probably 6 months prior to parking the machine, so no issues.

midnightmadman

I think it is the capping stations. But what is causing it.. thats what I have to figure out now.
I looked at the old capping stations and they looked like rainbow colored sponges.. nothing like the new ones on it now..(they looked soaked)

Flame

If they are soaked you probably have 4 problems.

1. The little sponges have expanded and are touching the head too much.

2. Your ink lines that run from the capping station to the waste ink bottle are clogged or broken, thus losing your vacuum, not properly cleaning the heads, and letting the ink just pile up on top of your capping station.

3. Your ink pump got clogged, shorted out or got punctured. Thus... it's not pumping the ink properly.

4. Your wiper is WORE to the bone and is not cleaning the head properly, and is catching on the head, causing ink pileups and making it filthy. Long shot, but possible.

Ideas.............

midnightmadman

I was thinking of trying the old capping station.
flame, what was wrong with it?? is it worth a shot..or should I try cleaning the new one first and putting a full yellow cartridge in, incase of a difference of volume problem from the full lt colors?

Flame

The old capping station? I just replaced it for the heck of it. :) Only my ink pump was technically damaged.

midnightmadman

The old capping station? I just replaced it for the heck of it. :) Only my ink pump was technically damaged.

Ok. I will try cleaning the new one first and hope the pads aren't to swollen and go back to normal.. if not I will try the old one.
I am also going to check the lines going to waste.
Then change the cartridges to be equal.

Compilla

The girl from sign warehouse emailed me that using the two inks together -(plus) and (Ultra) - will ruin the printer!
i.

She was right. When Mutoh came out with the Ultra ink conversion kits.

They recommended to perform a head wash for a reason....

During the cleaning cycles, are you getting ink flow on both lines to the waste bottle ?

ahollow

The pump creates a vacuum, causing ink to flow from the cart, to the damper, to the head, to the capping pad, to the pump, to the waste bottle.

If your capping pads are soaked right after a cleaning, the pump is not creating enough vacuum to suck the ink all the way through the pads. If they get wet 5-10 minutes later, then the pads are touching the head.

The only part to touch the head is the rubber gasket around the pads, the pads need to be fairly dry and flat, or you get the problem you keep describing.

The different inks would only be a problem on the old pump lines that weren't designed to handle the ultra inks, and would deteriorate. If Flamey put in a new pump then you have the new lines, so forget about that as the immediate problem.

Fix the capping pads and you'll be back in business for many years to come!

Jackpine

When you do a cleaning can you see ink moving to the waste bottle? If not you should.
Ok. I will try cleaning the new one first and hope the pads aren't to swollen and go back to normal.. if not I will try the old one.
I am also going to check the lines going to waste.
Then change the cartridges to be equal.

midnightmadman

Yes. I see ink moving. The pads are deformed and wavy.
Right after a cleaining the look just like the picture I posted.. super saturated.

I am going to put the old flat pad that look much better back on.
I just don't know what would cause the pads on the new capping station to get so deformed.
If I change the pads and they also get deformed and swollen with in, then what is it... bad vacuum?

Or will it be a wast to put new pads on until I figure out why they are so saturated....could they not be letting the ink seap through with the vacuum properly..maybe "clogged" ?