• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Still searching for the a printer near me

Status
Not open for further replies.

garylisko

Hello, I posted a thread in another forum that was closed. I came here for advise on which model printers could get me started in my price range which is $8,000 (With that I need either a printer/cutter or two machines for a package deal. I want something larger than 30" I came here to educate myself on printers and which will be in my price range. Also if anyone local to me may be in the market to sell. I am not here, to be told to sub out my prints or i do not need a printer right now. Hope someone can guide me in the right direction.

FatCat

I can't help but notice you keep asking for something that will be VERY hard to come by in that price range. You are going to have to search high and low for possibly months before you come across the right deal. I know because I walked that path for almost a year before I found my printer from a repo source.

Good luck to you.

To find a printer in your budget range you're probably going to have to expand your search area. I wanted to find a local printer, too, or at least one within 5-6 hours driving time. But I eventually settled on one 1,000 miles and 17 hours away. Crating and shipping was only $500. Worked out great. I knew very little about printers when I bought mine. I would have gained very little by being able to see it in person before I bought it. And there's no way I would have been able to crate it and transport it as well as the freight company did.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Well I can get you a used HP-5500 42" for $1800.00 and a 40" Graphtec FC8000 for $4495.00 would that work for you.

garylisko

I actually just purchased a CJ-500. I am very confident in the decision i made for my current stand point. I understand it may be a tad slower than some of the other ones out there, but the price was right ($6000) Im buying from a guy who is very help full in anwsering all of my questions & has offered to help me get set up when it arrives and walk me through what I need to know. If anyone wants to share their experiences with the cj500 I would appreciate learning all I can in the week it will take to arrive. Also I could use some advise on companies to use to ship freight. I have called only freightquote.com so far, they are requiring a crate or pallet upon arrival to pick up (seller has to do it) He had told me the last printer he sold, the company strapped it down in the truck and rolled it off to the customer at the time of delivery. I am new to the freight shipping as I've never purchased anything large from far away. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

petesign

I hope your printer was properly prepped to ship. It's not going to be fun when you get it otherwise. Good luck!

Now, unless you got some with the printer you need rip software, and a laminator. Hope you planned ahead for those purchases as well, without the laminator you will either run off your business or specialize in banners.

garylisko

Yes, the printer will be properly prepped for shipment. I am continuing to search for a laminator. Will use the liquid laminate until I find the right machine. Everyone has to start somewhere. Any recommendations on reliable and reasonable shipping companys?

AUTO-FX

Gary, there's tons of freight carriers, but I've had a couple bad experiences with Conway, so I wont recommend them.
Try to set up a garycam so we can follow your adventures. If you talk with the Mosh, maybe the two of you can get a package deal on the equipment.
And dont forget to buy a laminator... and maybe Flexisign Pro.

iSign

Need to convert to solvent right?
This is a waterbased printer? Not for exterior signs, right?

FatCat

I'm guessing he picked one up from Dave at Solvent Printer Conversions. I talked to Dave about a printer over a year ago and he is very helpful and knowledgeable with these old Rolands. Yes, they start life as a water based printer, but Dave has the know-how to make them work with his solvent conversion system.

Status
Not open for further replies.