• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stop calling me from Utah!

WrapperX

Pick up the phone and after they identify themselves put your finger on one of the numbers and hold it there until you are sure they have hung up - if they are still there then just hold it longer. Soon enough they will know that your number leads to a long and irritating key tone. I'll bet they stop calling shortly there after.

John L

When I read the law, I am thinking it applies only to "personal" residential phone numbers....As soon as you use a number for any kind of "business" use, the law does not apply....

...could just TELL them that it is your home phone, your cell phone, a dedicated difibulator monitor line, attorney general's mistress cell, whatevah works.

Jillbeans

For at least the past 15 years or more, maybe 20, SOT sends out a survey in the mail.
Then someone from there calls you and asks you questions. It's how they do their research.
I can see it happening if you subscribe to this (now free) mag, but it seems weird if you don't subscribe.
Love....Jill

Farmboy

The only people I need to speak with are paying customers. I don't have caller ID so we pick up the phone on every call. As soon as the person on the other end starts their spiel...Click. I don't go round and round with them and neither does the other person at the shop that answers the phone. Just hang up. Ya...it's that simple.

staci0625

This is an old thread but I was reading it and laughing. FYI by law if you tell them the # belongs to your "minor" son or daughter they are required to remove the number from their calling list weather it is a personal or a business # is irrelevant. If they are a repeat caller like that I usually tell them they are calling my minor daughter's # and I want her # removed immediately. Half the time I don't even get the whole sentence out before they either say yes mam or just hang up. I don't get calls from these annoying places near as often as I used to! Good Luck

Spud Murphy

Never, never, never reply to unwanted faxes, phone calls or Emails with the request-"Please remove me from your mailing list"-All you have done it to assure the marketing company you have an active number. There are thousands of things you should never do for very obvious reasons :accept Emails from friends requesting you forward them to another 10, 50 or 1,000 friends, ever ever ever use your pin number to purchase at the checkout etc.

Every piece of junk mail I receive gets returned to another junk mail company in the envelopes provided. Send Chase Bank offers for free pizzas and insurance companies offers for free Oil Changes. It might only cost cents but they are charged for the postage.

Salmoneye

I always reply with something like "Oh, my boss has actually been trying to get ahold of someone from your company. He wants to order like 100 of those to use as gifts. He is on the other line, would you please hold while I get him so he can place an order?" Salesman always replies with absolutely! I check back every 5 or 10 minutes saying he is looking for his credit card, he will be right with you. My record of keeping a telemarketer on hold is over two hours. Usually at some point I get on the phone and go "Oh, he didn't realize it was for ...... he absolutely doesn't want any of that." Click.